An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey There! So... Wanna Talk?

Annie12

Yeah, so , I'm really stuck on the guy I've previously posted about (I'm guessing y'all know what I'm talking about). But, I try really hard to just let God be in control and surrender completely to his will on what he wants to happen in this situation. But, I care so much about this guy that every time I see him I can't help but feel depressed because he doesn't know how I feel and to tell him would be unbelievably awkward and frankly social suicide. So, I'm trying to survive this trial God has given me. I tell him (God) that He is in control but then I have moments where I just go week in the knees and I have no idea who's in control anymore. I want to let God take the wheel at all times but I find it so hard because of the way I feel about this Guy. so, I've prayed and prayed and prayed, God keeps giving me the same answer (that I will be with him eventually) and miraculous things have happened, but I'm having a really hard time with impatience and feeling sad because this guy is completely oblivious.... The funny thing is, I've had crushes before because a guy was cute or something, but this is completely different, It's because I see Christ in this guy.... He is such a holy guy... I just love him... but he don't have a clue and I have no idea how he'd react if he knew... any suggestion? I'm all ears at this point....

Archaeology cat

What dUSt said. You can also pray for God to take away the attraction if it isn't from Him - I've done that before, in fact.

AC I've actually tried that... doesn't work.... God doesn't want me to tell him... I've prayed about it....

edit: Also, pray for me and him. For our well being... not necessarily that we'll be together since that is up to God, but just pray that we both will be alright...

Edited by Annie12

You appear to be obsessing. I obsess, sometimes. It's perfectly human. Have you anyone who isn't an internet acquaintance to consult?

I agree with the above, also please note the things I think are social suicide never are. I make too much of what others think of my actions. People are too busy with their own stuff to think judgmental, negative thoughts about you. Take the bull by the horns, you are more likely to regret never telling him...

I second (or is it third?) what dUSt says.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JR4R2.jpg[/img]

It might seem like social suicide, but if you feel God really wants you to do it, JUST DO IT.

Prayers for you. :)

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1350430171' post='2494092']
AC I've actually tried that... doesn't work.... and God doesn't want me to tell him... I've prayed about it....
[/quote]

God doesn't want you to tell him? Did God come down in a fireball and speak with you? Not to mock discerning God's will but it's easy to mistake your own preferences for what God wants. God would not be worried about it being social suicide, or awkward, for instance. That's not God, that's you.

Otherwise you really have no option but to keep praying. So I wish you luck!

This was not the answer I expected.... oh dear me! I think I could use prayers more than anything right now... PLEASE!!!

[quote name='Maggie' timestamp='1350430359' post='2494096']
it's easy to mistake your own preferences for what God wants
[/quote]

^ My life, it is [i]so[/i] easy, and something you have to be careful of this as a Catholic.

Edit: I don't know proper grammar

Edited by i<3LSOP

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Be careful of that whole GOD has told you that you will be with him eventually as an answer to your prayers. You may be imagining this as the answer because you wan't him so bad. And i also agree with dust, even though it may be very scary at least you will know, ask him on a date you don't even need to say how you feel about him, yet. Slow and steady wins the race. :) , and don't be dissapointed if he says no to a date or something, it isn't a reflection of your self it is his choice.

GOD bless you .

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1350431065' post='2494103']
yeah... I don't even know what I'm thinking.... :cry: I go hide now... :paperbag:
[/quote]

don't go hide!!!! It's OK to talk it out but then you gotta be willing to take those steps forward! It's hard but believe me you'll feel soooo much better taking action rather than just stewing about it. Like ripping a bandaid off. It will sting but it's gotta be done in order for you to feel better and not have a bandaid growing into your skin (gross) cuz you're too freaked out to give it a rip.

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1350432861' post='2494115']
This bandage seems to be sewn on to my skin...
[/quote]

what does this even mean???