An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mother Placid, Rip - Abbey Of Regina Laudis

SNJM

I was very sad to receive the news that Mother Placid Dempsey, OSB of Regina Laudis Abbey passed away. For anyone who has ever made a visit to the Abbey, she would have been the first person you would have met as for years and years she was the Sister Portress. She was a wonderful Portress and a gifted artist, and her niece, Mother Praxedes, is also in the community (and an artist as well).

Mother Placid always greeted me so lovingly on my bi-yearly retreat, it seems hard to believe that she is gone, especially since she had one of those faces and personalities that defied age - it was impossible to even guess!

Their website has a nice tribute to her, and I am sure many of you will remember her and want to pray for her soul and the community, I am sure the loss of Mother Placid was a very difficult one for so many of the sisters.

Their website is: abbeyofreginalaudis.com

Pax.

Edited by SNJM

VeniJesuAmorMi

I have been to the Abbey before; it's a beautiful place and they have so much land. Many prayers for the whole community and for the soul of Mother Placid.

[size=4][b][i]"[/i][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][i]Religious life is generally misunderstood, mostly by people who never get to know what it’s about. Entering is like the first day of creation for you. You come to find out what God has put you here for. You walk in, and this place will set off all the light and dark places in you. It’s a pressure cooker. You will walk into all the trials you need to clean up your act and learn to love." - [/i][/font][/b][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mother Placid Dempsey[/font][/size]

Edited by VeniJesuAmorMi

Wow, great quote there! We have so much to learn from our elders.. Thanks for posting, Veni!

May she rest in peace :pray:

http://abbeyofreginalaudis.com/sitelive/index.htm

Edited by Chiquitunga