An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

Catholicterp7

This thread needs a bump!! 

You know you're a future nun if you're hanging out with they young adult group after the TLM and totally out of the blue someone whom you've never met says "oh, so what community are you discerning with?" :eek: Yeah that happened today, or when after spending New Years Eve in the church from nine to one thirty for Adoration and Mass you then decide to get up after only four hours of sleep so you can go to the TLM and celebrate the octave of Christmas/feast of the Circumcision all over again! 

You know you're a spiritual mother for priests when: the tabs that are constantly open on your computer are spiritualmotherhoodforpriests.blogspot.com, Vultus.stblogs.org, Cathoic Quotes on Priesthood, and Called by Name (right now it's particularly open to his talk he gave on mothers day about spiritual motherhood for priests), You have a doc. saved on your desktop titled "Spiritual Motherhood for Priests prayers" and it includes multiple prayers you've found from either the Handmaids of the Precious Blood or Vultus and you really want to print it so you can add it to your daily prayers (sadly my printer is out of ink at the moment :( ), and when your desktop pictures are various pictures of priests you've found online with applicable quotes added to them. 

For example: 

http://i.imgur.com/rKD4X.jpg :)

JMJ+ :heart:

Edited by Catholicterp7

TheLordsSouljah

When your best friend keeps reassuring: 'don't worry about it.... your Boyfriend will take care of it...!!'

When you get rid of half your clothes and stuff in your room like three years in advance because you can't wait

When 'Beloved' by Tenth Avenue North makes you cry and your head nods the whole way through

When your wall posters are of saints and you have quotes from the Song of Songs all over your wall

When you realize that your daily schedule looks more and more monastic

When all you read is saints novels

When you cry and cry because you are too young to enter or need that degree first, and every day is an age!!!

When you don't care about cutting your hair off - in fact you want to cut off the first piece yourself!!

When your diary pages are full of lame poetry and love letters to God...

petitpèlerin

When you feel pleased with yourself for just having slipped another hint past your mother: "Why do all these sisters get named Marie and Mary and Teresa and Therese and Faustina and Faustine? Then I can't remember their names anymore because they're all the same. If I ever become a nun I'm making sure Mother Superior knows I do not want any version of Mary, Teresa, or Faustina anywhere in my name or I'm leaving. ;) ". Mom replied to the message it was in, made no mention of religious life. Mission accomplished. :)

When in Religion class there is a nun in your textbook and the teacher/priest says "there's Carter." And your class agrees with him...

ChristinaTherese

When you drive up to a monastery (monks, so I wouldn't really be able to enter there) and think, "Home!"

When you get back to college and spend your first day sewing and wondering why on earth you're even still in college.

ToJesusMyHeart
When you get back to college and spend your first day sewing and wondering why on earth you're even still in college.

Me. Every.Single.Day. 

#dropoutsforjesus

#mirusmundi 

#the171

Edited by ToJesusMyHeart

ChristinaTherese
Me. Every.Single.Day. 

#dropoutsforjesus

#mirusmundi 

#the171

I'm not the only one! Thank God.... It just lightened my heart a bit to see this. (Please, pham, pray for me.)

Edited by Christina Thérèse

ToJesusMyHeart
I'm not the only one! Thank God.... It just lightened my heart a bit to see this. (Please, pham, pray for me.)

hang in there, sister!!! 

:amen:

When your PP chooses you as one of six 12 year olds for a special outing "because there won't be many of these in your future in the Cloister, will there?"

This long before I ever mentioned anything like becoming a nun to him.

Catholicterp7
... when in your history class when learning about Catholicism everyone looks at you for explanation.  :nun:

:hehe2: That still happens to me when religious signs come up in conversation. 

JMJ+ :heart: 

ChristinaTherese
... when in your history class when learning about Catholicism everyone looks at you for explanation.  :nun:

I do that a lot.... My class has gotten to the point where, when someone had to say something about me, he said "I think she was raised Catholic." He was wrong, but it was funny fantastic and I'm going to be Catholic soon.... (As Father said to me this morning, it isn't too long until Easter! :nunpray:)

When you're the youngest person in the parish who attends daily Mass and Adoration regularly.

When a couple thanks you after you stop to pray with them when you're in the cathedral.

DiscerningCatholic

Every week at youth group...whenever a question is asked, "TRINI KNOWS!" 

:| 

:doh: 

One time we played a game where four corners stood for different answers and one kid said, "JUST FOLLOW TRINI!" They didn't, but I totally should have run to the wrong corner every time if they did... :evil:

NatalieisCatholic
Every week at youth group...whenever a question is asked, "TRINI KNOWS!" 

:|

:doh:

One time we played a game where four corners stood for different answers and one kid said, "JUST FOLLOW TRINI!" They didn't, but I totally should have run to the wrong corner every time if they did... :evil:

Hahah! That's so funny! I always try to answer everything the best I can, but it's not always easy trying to explain the Holy Trinity in a few minutes!  :proud:

...when you send Christmas cards out and half of them are to religious sisters!  :nun2:

To Jesus Through Mary
When you realize that your daily schedule looks more and more monastic

:lol: I really feel you on this one!