An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

Renee the Nunnabe
Yeah, I've had crushes on lots of communities... :P

When the most exciting moment of the week is when you get snail mail from one of your best friends who's now a Poor Clare :)

JMJ+ :heart:

Omigoodness, that sounds VERY EXCITING. :bounce:

Ahem. :spike:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

When you know some nuns or sisters . . . . and happen to be Facebook friends with them. ;)

When you'd rather talk to nuns or sisters than your "peers."  

When you like to go to Mass considerably early to spend time in prayer and contemplation.  

When prayer and related jazz > schoolwork or other work.  

When most of your art has come to feature nuns, and most of your poetry has come to feature God. (Also, handmade nun statuette!)  

Edited by Renee the Nunnabe

Catholicterp7

When you look at your "friends you may know" on facebook and over sixty percent of them are either priests, religious or seminarians. 

When one of your favorite things to do is watch vlogs of Deaf priests. 

When you watch EWTN when your grandmother has gone to sleep all night!

When your grandma gives you a talk about what communities she likes best and wants you to join...

Catholicterp7

I can relate Cartermia, but for me it's my mom. I think she's still a little sad that I probably won't end up with the Sister Servants.  

I was talking to her about various choices for religious name and she said "I don't care what you end up with, I'm still going to call you Sister Solanus" because she also has a really strong devotion to Solanus Casey.

I stayed the weekend with my grandmother and we were talking about Nashies and Franciscans ...  

I learned she preferred the Nashies over the Franciscans :cry:, but I like the Franciscans better....

domenica_therese

When your mom finally gets to tease you about having a crush after so many years of totally infertile joke potential, but all she can do is crack convent jokes -- incessantly.

le me: "The only food I ever disliked was split pea soup."
le mom: "They have that in the convent every Wednesday!"

Ba-dum, tsh?

More like Friday, Mom, but nice try. :P

When you make unintentional double entendres like "The postulant habits are really hot."

When you talk about how easy it will be for you to get a job after graduation, and people don't get why it's so hilarious.

ChristinaTherese

When your friends tell you that they can see you as a cloistered nun. (This was after I mentioned it to them, not because I just wanted to mention myself, but because we were talking.)

When you lock eyes with the bishop at Mass and it is like he is saying you should become a nun...  (this happened to me today!)

When you lock eyes with the bishop at Mass and it is like he is saying you should become a nun...  (this happened to me today!)

Cool!  I've had that happen when the prayer intentions are read for more vocations to the priesthood and religious life -- my pastor looks in my direction (we sit in the same place every Sunday).  :)

ChristinaTherese

When people ask you if you're a nun. Before you're even Catholic. (Yes, that happened today. I was also feeling particularly... I don't know... joyous/in love/something at Mass. It was absolutely wonderful.)

Mary+Immaculate<3

...when every wall in your room has some religious article hanging on it. ;)

Haha that one! When my older sisters (my actual blood sisters) come home and come to my room, they probably think I'm a religious fanatic :hehe:

Mary+Immaculate<3

When it makes you really happy to find the first reading at Mass (last Friday) is from Song of Songs and Song of Songs is your favorite book of the Bible.

I love Song of Songs! It is just so perfect! Not only is it like a relationship of Jesus to His bride on earth (nuns), but also His bride the Church, and the relationship between Mary and the Holy Spirit.