An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

cartermia

When your religion teacher keeps giving you pamphlets on different communities but you already know where you want to enter!

ChristinaTherese

When you write in your notebook (and the sizes here are so as to imitate my notes):

The whole world is going screwy and needs people to

-->Pray for them!

(Hail Mary, full of grace...)

ETA: The arrow was just to emphasize it. Because it was still running around in my head. A lot.

Edited by Christina Thérèse

ToJesusMyHeart

When your religion teacher keeps giving you pamphlets on different communities but you already know where you want to enter!

where?

FutureFranciscan:)

When St Therese has been been following you everywhere and sending you roses everyday for like the past month and you come to the conclusion that she has adopted you as her little sister and she is your big 'little' sister.

Also when you figure out that St Therese is the reason that your parents are together and that she has been waiting around 20 years till you were 16 for you to read her autobiography so she could start holy-stalking you.

FutureFranciscan:)

Also when your religion teacher and the nun at your school (who is your spiritual mother) start teasing you about the religion test that you completely failed (but really got a 107 on) by saying that you will be punished with a super-tight veil and habit that will choke you

DiscerningCatholic

When St Therese has been been following you everywhere and sending you roses everyday for like the past month and you come to the conclusion that she has adopted you as her little sister and she is your big 'little' sister.

Story of my life.... no pun intended...

lilyamongthorns

This topic inspired me to make an account! So fun! It also really makes me happy to see others who have such zeal for discerning their vocation :)

I've been sitting here coming up with a long list (which may be a sign in itself ;) ) but here's a few of my favorites:

• When you're excited to spend the weekend of your 21st birthday on a discernment retreat with nuns instead of celebrating in more typical college ways.
  • When you're standing in line for communion behind a religious sister and your heart melts when you hear the priest say, "Sister, the body of Christ."
  • When you made a Call Me, Maybe parody with a discerning religious life twist...God's Calling, Maybe? 
  • When you play dress up in your room...with a white pillow case. 
  • When its normal to hear your mom yell from the kitchen, "Hey Ang! There's nuns on tv!"
  • When you light up whenever you talk about religious life (and was told so by a Mother Superior) :)

Kayte Postle

When you are uberly excited for a mini nun run (where you will just happen to get to visit one of your favorite communities), and getting to spend a few hours with the sisters you will be spending the summer with.

On Thursday I'll get to join the nun runners in Ohio, and that morning I get to go finalize all my paperwork for living/working with the Little Sisters of the Poor in Pittsburgh! Gah!

Spem in alium

When you finally tell your parish priest that you're discerning and he says "That's so exciting!", offers you books to read and wants to be part of your spiritual accompaniment (not my SD, unfortunately).

When you're going on a retreat in FOUR DAYS!

When you are uberly excited for a mini nun run (where you will just happen to get to visit one of your favorite communities), and getting to spend a few hours with the sisters you will be spending the summer with.

On Thursday I'll get to join the nun runners in Ohio, and that morning I get to go finalize all my paperwork for living/working with the Little Sisters of the Poor in Pittsburgh! Gah!

Love it! :)

Guest Allie

This topic inspired me to make an account! So fun! It also really makes me happy to see others who have such zeal for discerning their vocation :)

I've been sitting here coming up with a long list (which may be a sign in itself ;) ) but here's a few of my favorites:

• When you're excited to spend the weekend of your 21st birthday on a discernment retreat with nuns instead of celebrating in more typical college ways.
  • When you're standing in line for communion behind a religious sister and your heart melts when you hear the priest say, "Sister, the body of Christ."
  • When you made a Call Me, Maybe parody with a discerning religious life twist...God's Calling, Maybe? 
  • When you play dress up in your room...with a white pillow case. 
  • When its normal to hear your mom yell from the kitchen, "Hey Ang! There's nuns on tv!"
  • When you light up whenever you talk about religious life (and was told so by a Mother Superior) :)

Hi Lily.... :welcome:

Mary's Child

When you have times in the day where you drop everything and stop to pray.

When a good number of the people in your email contacts start with Sister.

When you would rather be in Adoration then doing just about anything else.

Lil'Monster

When you are actually writing down the schedule and classes of the school you wished you could start.

Guest Allie

When you are going to the retreat a couple of hours before it actually starts

Is that what you're doing? :hehe2: