An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

Spem in alium

When you can't wait till June 5, because on that day you will be praying and having dinner with the community! :)

Kayte Postle

When you get "hint hint wink wink" like comments about your vocation from sisters.

ChristinaTherese

When you dearly love spending a morning at a monastery alone (except for Jesus and one or two others) after Mass for a whole morning.

When you tell your mom about this later and then say "But at some point you just have to leave, whether or not you want to--I mean, maybe you don't always have to... but if I was going to stay somewhere it wouldn't be there." (They're Carmelite and I'm pretty sure that I'm not called to that order.)

When you watch a video on Dominicans in religion class and you were wishing that it was on Benedictines...

At lunch when you ask your sisters (actual sisters not nuns... :P ) what they did in religion class and one says they watched the Dominican video and the other is just like, "You should be a nun."

(they know nothing about my discernment...)

Julie de Sales

When you have a strage dream where a sister askes you: ,,Have you discerned with the passionist nuns?"...weird

domenica_therese

When you spend all morning/early afternoon getting psychologically evaluated. :P

ChristinaTherese

When you have a dream where you're putting a pillowcase on your head as a veil.

When you actually do put a towel on your head as you clean up after cooking and then walk around the dorm with it still on your head.

When the thought of going to Mass fills you with excitement and joy.

Little Flower

When every time you take a shower you wrap the towel around your head like a veil to see how you look as a nun

When you even find ways to fit the neck of your shirt around your head and then put a towel over that to make it look like a more traditional type veil

When you spend your free time searching orders on the internet

When you spend the rest of your time trying to figure out exactly when in your busy schedule you can visit communities

:nun:

Spem in alium

WHEN YOU ARE HAVING SPIRITUAL DIRECTION NEXT WEEEEEEK!!!! YAY!!!  :winner:  :woot:  :nun3:  :paco:

petitpèlerin

When you finally tell your brothers in your community that you're going to be entering, and they're leaping with joy, and can't contain themselves in telling you that they've felt this for a long time but that your one really good brother duct taped their mouths shut and made them swear on all that is holy that they wouldn't breathe a word to you because you had to discover it yourself.

When that makes you happy from every direction, and grateful that you have such a good brother. And it makes you even happier to think that he was the first brother you talked to about it when you were first starting to realize it yourself, and how good he was and didn't show any hint of being a second ahead of you, even though his own people-intuition is off the charts.

TheLordsSouljah

When you finally tell your brothers in your community that you're going to be entering, and they're leaping with joy, and can't contain themselves in telling you that they've felt this for a long time but that your one really good brother duct taped their mouths shut and made them swear on all that is holy that they wouldn't breathe a word to you because you had to discover it yourself.

When that makes you happy from every direction, and grateful that you have such a good brother. And it makes you even happier to think that he was the first brother you talked to about it when you were first starting to realize it yourself, and how good he was and didn't show any hint of being a second ahead of you, even though his own people-intuition is off the charts.

Wow, I would prop this with every prop today if I could!! That is real brotherhood. God bless them. God bless you!!!

ChristinaTherese

When your brother says that of course you know more about his situation than your parents (well, part of the reason is that we can't tell them some of it), because you just listen and promise to pray instead of offering advice (and I might offer a little bit of advice now and then, but it might just center on saying that he should go to Mass and Adoration if I give any at all....).

faithfulflockstar

when you picture how every woman you see would look with a habit (of the community you're discerning with) on.

Spem in alium

When your spiritual director comments on how contemplative your prayer life is, and later when you tell her about the courses you're taking, she says something along the lines of: "Your course topics are also very contemplative. I'm not surprised you're discerning religious life."  :hehe2:

DiscerningCatholic

If Sr. Joseph Andrew basically COMMANDS you to come to the next discernment retreat and get application papers.