An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

Crucesignata

If Sr. Joseph Andrew basically COMMANDS you to come to the next discernment retreat and get application papers.

LOL did she do that to you also?  :)

...when you read, "Serve the Lord" on the back of a ketchup bottle and make a remark to your family about how it's pretty awesome that the company is Christian.  Your brother looks back at you confused:  "'Save the Land' isn't particularly Christian....."

LOL did she do that to you also?   :)

...when you read, "Serve the Lord" on the back of a ketchup bottle and make a remark to your family about how it's pretty amesome that the company is Christian.  Your brother looks back at you confused:  "'Save the Land' isn't particularly Christian....."

lol :hehe:

Spem in alium

When you go for Spiritual Direction at the convent where you had your discernment retreat, and as you're walking with Sister you feel something strange you can't quite decipher. A little while later, you find yourself thinking about it and realise that what you felt was a sense of comfort, of longing, of being at home, and while that feeling scares you a little, it brings you such immense joy! Feeling more and more that this is my calling. Praise God.

petitpèlerin

When you show up for weekday mass at your neighborhood church which is absolutely nowhere on the map and full of old folks as usual, and then you spot a young Franciscan Sister TOR there and you get real happy.

When you live not terribly far from Steubenville and your Franciscan-run church is a favorite retreat spot for FUS students and religious, and you love the connection, even though FUS isn't your scene, because you're a Franciscan at heart.

inperpetuity

When people who don't know you come up to you and ask you to pray for them and it happens frequently enough that you start to wonder what is going on, and you do not dress like a nun.

FutureSister2009

When you get a new smartphone and download the Laudate app and consider it the best app ever.

Spem in alium

When you arrive early for your weekly Scripture class and have a chat with the woman you teach with. When she asks you "When's your vacation?" you think she's asked you something about your vocation and wonder how she found out you are discerning. While you're saying "ummm, ahh..." and trying to work out what to say, she says "When do you go on holidays?", to which you make a very relieved and inwardly embarrassed reply :)

I always read and hear "vacation" as "vocation" - it can be a real problem!  :blush:

ChristinaTherese

When you arrive early for your weekly Scripture class and have a chat with the woman you teach with. When she asks you "When's your vacation?" you think she's asked you something about your vocation and wonder how she found out you are discerning. While you're saying "ummm, ahh..." and trying to work out what to say, she says "When do you go on holidays?", to which you make a very relieved and inwardly embarrassed reply :)

I always read and hear "vacation" as "vocation" - it can be a real problem!  :blush:

When, while reading the post above, you read the question as "Where's your vocation?"

Okay, okay, I might just fail at reading, since I read "when" as "where".

Spem in alium

When, while reading the post above, you read the question as "Where's your vocation?"

Okay, okay, I might just fail at reading, since I read "when" as "where".

rotfl Glad to know someone else thinks along similar lines!

When you go to dinner with the Sisters and feel not only happy, but like you can really be yourself with them in a way you can't really be with others.

When they say things like: "I think Spem will be coming here regularly" and "Hopefully this will be the first of many visits for Spem".  

Seriously in looooove!

domenica_therese

When it only takes your host family 2 days to figure out you're discerning. 0.o Is getting up at 7 in the morning to go to Mass really that much of a giveaway in Spain?

DiscerningCatholic

When everyone at your church takes your reverence in Mass as a sign of discernment.

Makes me kinda sad, though....if reverence is a sign of discernment, EVERYONE should be getting asked if they're discerning. I guess it's just me. :hmmm:

FutureFranciscan:)

When your counting down the days until you are going to be spending 3 days up at the convent on retreat (6 more!) and you get an email from the vocation director asking if you would like to come spend a week with them next month with a few other girls and your parents say yes to you going! im so excited!  :yahoo:  :nun2:  

Edited by FutureFranciscan:)

ToJesusMyHeart

When you're in the application process....... :)

(God's will be done.)

When, on the 2nd day of class, the girl who sits next to you whom you don't know, randomly turns toward you and says, "I know you don't know me, but could you pray for me?" and later asks you about your prayer life so that she can work on her own. 

DiscerningCatholic

If the only reason you want your driver's license is so you can go to daily Mass and maybe visit the sisters from "your" order 3 hours away.