An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

Catherine Therese

...if having to select lay clothes every day is seriously penitential.

(The habit in my past is one of the best gifts I ever received. I can't help but wonder if there mightn't still be one in my future?)

I would give you more props CT, so totally agree.........for many many reasons I wish I could still wear the habit.

AveMariaPurissima

You know you're a future Dominican or Franciscan if...

...when someone mentions our Holy Father Francis, you promptly ask, "Which one?"

When you see a BlackBerry on someone's desk and you immediately think of that of Sr Joseph Andrew and how she uses it to respond to discerners in search of their vocation.

I love these! :)  I'd give them props but I ran out...

When you have a Pinterest page devoted to nuns.  (Come to think of it, I have two separate nun pages!)

When you have a Pinterest page devoted to nuns.  (Come to think of it, I have two separate nun pages!)

I do the same thing!!

When you get REALLY excited that the place you will be volunteering/working at for the next year has Eucharistic chapels in each house and the staff prays Morning and Evening Prayer together.

• 3 weeks later...
Ancilla Domini

Oh goodness, where do I start?

1. When you get a present, you think, "So, to whom do I give this when I enter?"

2. You keep "your" nuns' website open, even when you're not looking at it.

3. Every time you type the letter B into the url box on your computer, the first result is "Benedictines of Mary."

4. You get a kindle for Christmas, and the very first thing you buy is Thomas Aquinas' "On Prayer and the Contemplative Life."

5. You are shocked when you find a convent website (yes, any order) that you haven't seen before.

6. You give a start whenever the priest talks about poverty in his sermon.

Edited by Ancilla Domini

brandelynmarie

...when you have vacation time & spend a goodly part of it on silent retreats or personal retreats at monasteries :blush:

ChristinaTherese

When part of what you're looking forward to over Christmas break (aside from visiting my brother) is visiting Sisters. (Not for discernment with them.)

When you're flying and wonder how close you are to a certain community. (A community which shall not be named.)

Edited by Christina Thérèse

VeniJesuAmorMi

Hello everyone who visits here. :wave:

Please say a prayer for me as I am in the application stage to enter Carmel. I am praying for all of you discerning. A few thoughts from experience: Don't give up through any obstacles and be thankful through them all. When He permits obstacles and trials soon after we will see Him put all the pieces together to come to where we need to be both interior and exterior, wherever that may be for your vocation. Be always faithful. Thank you for your prayers! :)

Julie de Sales

Please say a prayer for me as I am in the application stage to enter Carmel. I am praying for all of you discerning. A few thoughts from experience: Don't give up through any obstacles and be thankful through them all. When He permits obstacles and trials soon after we will see Him put all the pieces together to come to where we need to be both interior and exterior, wherever that may be for your vocation. Be always faithful. Thank you for your prayers! :)

I'm so very happy for you!! :yahoo: God answers prayers!

Ancilla Domini

Oh I'm so happy and excited for you!  :yahoo:

You will definitely be in my prayers!