An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

When you're not manicured at all, eyebrows not maintained, no makeup etc.  That's not me tho, I'm too vain; I'll only be practicing that once I get in and they don't allow any grooming.  No mirrors can you believe it!?  I told someone this and they replied with, "That's inhumane!"  Haha

Once you come home after your visit with your (hopefully) future community, it's night you're ready to fall asleep and you've never felt so peaceful in your life!  Weeks after, all your dreams involve nuns and the Monastery.

brandelynmarie

When you measure time by how many decades you could pray. :proud:

When I walked everywhere, it was 3 1/2 decades to my friend's house & 1 1/2 sets of mysteries to get downtown! :hehe:

I walk with the Rosary too, and I cannot count the times someone has stopped me and spoken only to have the reply      "....now and at the hour of our death, Amen. Hi, how are you?"

VeniJesuAmorMi

I'm so very happy for you!! :yahoo: God answers prayers!

Oh I'm so happy and excited for you!  :yahoo:

You will definitely be in my prayers!

Thank you both so much for your prayers. :) I started working on the application the night I left there. I am almost finished with the parts I have to do myself and now I am just waiting for two letters of recommendation and the doctor is being called today to schedule an appointment. Though everything is pointing to that I will be entering, the application still has to go through the right channels first. Hopefully though, I could be receiving an acceptance letter and entrance date my mid December as long as I get the application finished in a certain time frame. This is a hopeful situation. Thanks again, and your intentions are remembered also!

Hello everyone who visits here. :wave:

Please say a prayer for me as I am in the application stage to enter Carmel. I am praying for all of you discerning. A few thoughts from experience: Don't give up through any obstacles and be thankful through them all. When He permits obstacles and trials soon after we will see Him put all the pieces together to come to where we need to be both interior and exterior, wherever that may be for your vocation. Be always faithful. Thank you for your prayers! :)

Prayers coming your way! :)

--
...when you get chills when you realize that each time you reload the homepage for the DSSC, you get a different picture of the Sisters!! =)

young_and_faithful_

...when you're smiling at your phone and someone asks if you're texting your boyfriend, but you're actually reading this thread! 

:hehe2:

domenica_therese

...when you get chills when you realize that each time you reload the homepage for the DSSC, you get a different picture of the Sisters!! =)

Really?? *goes to begin compulsively reloading* :P

Has it always done that?

Edited by domenica_therese

Ancilla Domini

Really?? *goes to begin compulsively reloading* :P

Has it always done that?

Haha! Just the sort of thing I would do. :P

domenica_therese

You know you're a future nun when you immediately know what DSSC means. :P

Dominican Sisters of Saint Cecilia.  :hehe2:

Ancilla Domini

You know you're a future nun when you immediately know what DSSC means. :P

Dominican Sisters of Saint Cecilia.  :hehe2:

Or DSMME. :hehe2:

You know you're a future nun when you see a picture of some visiting nuns in the DSMME newsletter, and you can immediately identify all of their different orders/convents. :winner:

DiscerningCatholic

Oh. I've never abbreviated the Nashies' name as DSSC. They've always been the Nashville Dominicans or Nashies to me. :hehe: "Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia" takes too long. (Psssht and I'm discerning with the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist. :wall: ) But yeah. I get it now... :|