An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

DiscerningCatholic

You know you're a future nun when you see a picture of some visiting nuns in the DSMME newsletter, and you can immediately identify all of their different orders/convents. :winner:

DUDE I did that with all of the ones I have!!!! I met some Polish sisters at a conference this summer and I found a picture of them shaking hands with Mother A. in a newsletter from 2007!

domenica_therese

Oh. I've never abbreviated the Nashies' name as DSSC. They've always been the Nashville Dominicans or Nashies to me. :hehe: "Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia" takes too long. (Psssht and I'm discerning with the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist. :wall: ) But yeah. I get it now... :|

Yeah my normal abbreviation is ND's, but it's a short hop to DSSC. ;)

Funny though because I'm sure that most people when they think ND think of Notre Dame or North Dakota.  :hehe2:

Edited by domenica_therese

AveMariaPurissima

When, after learning of a sale that SouthWest is doing, you set out to determine which convents are close to the cities whose airfare is on sale...

ToJesusMyHeart

When your weekend plans consist of:

Friday: 'Night at the Convent'

Saturday: Spiritual direction and then 'Movie at the Convent'

brandelynmarie

I'm jealous :) TJMH! Ok, you know you are a future nun when you see a bunch of initials after a name in an on-line article & automatically start thinking about which religious order could have those initials.....

......when you automatically start praying a rosary on your way to a night out with the girls! :blush:

Ancilla Domini

DUDE I did that with all of the ones I have!!!! I met some Polish sisters at a conference this summer and I found a picture of them shaking hands with Mother A. in a newsletter from 2007!

Haha! I know! It's so satisfying when you can identify them. When I first heard about the SSVM, I saw their picture in the DSMME newsletter! I said out loud, "Hey! I know those! I know those sisters!" :clap:

Kylie Spinelli

When your best friend reveals to your spiritual director that your nickname is Sister "____"

Now Father is gonna call me that. Awesome. 

Yeah my normal abbreviation is ND's, but it's a short hop to DSSC. ;)

Funny though because I'm sure that most people when they think ND think of Notre Dame or North Dakota.  :hehe2:

=D  That makes another great one!  XD

You know you're a future nun when...

...you see "ND" and immediately think of the Nashies.  :)

:nun2:

ToJesusMyHeart

When you go see Catching Fire and the first thing in your mind after it's over is "Oh no! When the third movie comes out, I won't be able to see it because I'll (if I get accepted) be in the convent!" 

(Anticipated release for part 1 is November 21, 2014 and part two will be released on November 20, 2015. Entrance will be August 2014.

All for Jesus. ;)

When you think choir robes should come with veils for the women. I think one like Teresa of the Andes' postulant veil would look great with our choirs robes, and we'd look more uniform. It should be a thing!

When even after months of not discerning, your heart still skips a beat when you think about living in community one day.

domenica_therese

When you go see Catching Fire and the first thing in your mind after it's over is "Oh no! When the third movie comes out, I won't be able to see it because I'll (if I get accepted) be in the convent!" 

(Anticipated release for part 1 is November 21, 2014 and part two will be released on November 20, 2015. Entrance will be August 2014.

All for Jesus. ;)

Ah no I hadn't thought of that!

Rats, guess I'll have to call the convent and tell them it's off. :P

As a child playing 'dress ups' my next door neighbour commented that I looked like a Carmelite nun - I took it as prophecy in stone.  :oops: Not so! :hehe2:

(Anticipated release for part 1 is November 21, 2014 and part two will be released on November 20, 2015. Entrance will be August 2014.

All for Jesus. ;)

My sister took me to see part one before I entered! We agreed that she would give me all the lowdown on the next parts via letter ;) As it is, though, I still haven't been to see Catching Fire!

Re the hunger games........has anyone actually read the books?

Maybe someone can get you a copy and sneak it into the convent..........