An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

I read all three of the books and liked them. There are a few things that the movie skips over but considering the lengths of the books I know that it would be impossible to have every single detail. That said the books translated quite well into movies.

Re. The Hunger Games, that was my thought when I was discerning too :P 

I love the books, and the movies are done really well IMO. 

ToJesusMyHeart

It's official. I had my first "acceptance" dream. I was at Casa Maria Guadalupe and Mother showed me a handful of acceptance letters, one of which was for me. 

Silly sub-conscience. It's too early to know!

domenica_therese

It's official. I had my first "acceptance" dream. I was at Casa Maria Guadalupe and Mother showed me a handful of acceptance letters, one of which was for me. 

I had like three. :P In one of them they were re-designing the postulant outfit and I was the guinea pig.

That one, at least, I was glad wasn't real. :P

Ancilla Domini

If you have dreams about visiting convents/entering convents.

One thing all those sorts of dreams have in common for me, though, is that for some reason the nuns are never wearing habits. How strange...

ToJesusMyHeart

I had one dream about a year ago, where I was standing and looking at myself in a mirror, and I had a habit on like the ND's, but my veil was falling off my head repeatedly. I could not get it to stay on! 

ToJesusMyHeart

And I just woke up from a nap in which I had a dream where I did not get accepted. Worst dream in a long time!

ChristinaTherese

When you go back through your notes to study and find a list of religious names that could possibly exist because you were apparently bored one day in class. And then another page with the beginning of the Hail Mary written on the top.

...When you more Catholic apps on your phone than any other combined.

...When your "bucket list" includes consecrate to Mary, and complete a 54 day rosary novena.

When peers are messing about with 'nice' sounding names for their potential suitors and you have scribbled

Sister: 

followed by a whole list of names.

When the Literature prize you win is a biography of a nun. (I thought I had kept my desire pretty secret until then!)

HolinessIsfaithfulness

... when in your history class when learning about Catholicism everyone looks at you for explanation. :nun:

Oh my gosh, yes. THE PROF nonetheless!

ChristinaTherese

When it seems like everyone is thinking of you in relation to one particular order, and you don't think you told them all that you're beginning to think of that order.