An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

ToJesusMyHeart

Don't worry, there will be multitudes of other things to get annoyed at for not being pious enough once you enter the convent... ;)

Such as what?

FutureSister2009

When you're still nun-sighting during all of the services on EWTN for Easter

When you walk with the nuns during the Good Friday procession even though you're not discerning with that exact community. You just want to fit in

DiscerningCatholic

When you're still nun-sighting during all of the services on EWTN for Easter

This is me during the EWTN daily Masses; "SSEW!!!! Ooh, a knees and tongue receiver...SSEW!!! Another SSEW!" 

FutureFranciscan:)

when your school puts a 'bonus vacation day' on it's website's schedule and you think it says 'bonus vocation day' (my high school has a vocation day at the beginning of the school year) and you freak out and get very upset to learn you just have another day off school

FutureSister2009

When you are super excited to know that Sisters are coming to visit your school and you want it to happen more often so you will propose the idea to campus ministry for the future!

DiscerningCatholic

When you keep reading the word "vacation" as "vocation" and freak out. 

:|

domenica_therese

When you're willing to use all the money in your bank account to visit convents and then you won't mind that you have no money because you'll be living a vow of poverty soon anyway.

I think I'm getting a new camera for my birthday but I feel extremely silly doing so -- even though I'm going to be studying abroad in Spain this summer and thus having a camera would be rather useful -- because I'm rather sure I won't need it in a bit over a year. When I was in Rome last Spring and started discerning super seriously I had this "What's the use of buying clothes or anything!" mentality, but I've found that I still do have to buy clothes since I'm student teaching, need to look nice for it, and have a wardrobe primarily comprised of jeans and t-shirts. It's so weird though to live in the world with an impending vow of poverty. But I have to remind myself that I don't have a vow of poverty yet, and it's not required of me to live as if I do. My birthday is coming up and I just want to be like "No! Stop giving me money!" which is a bit absurd, because I know that I have been incredibly blessed to be able to be where I am financially with no hurdles of that kind towards entrance, and I am so thankful for that.

But people should still stop giving me money. :P

Edited by domenica_therese

ToJesusMyHeart

When you put at least $50 from every paycheck into your "nun account" (aka savings) to afford plane tickets to convents. :)

DiscerningCatholic

When you put at least $50 from every paycheck into your "nun account" (aka savings) to afford plane tickets to convents. :)

That would be me...

ToJesusMyHeart

I'm earning enough for this summer's traveling! Only about $150 left to raise...PLANES ARE SO LAME EXPENSIVE.

FutureFranciscan:)

When the vocation director at the convent emails you and says that you can come up for evening prayer, dinner, and recreation on friday and you go run to go tell your parents and you do a happy dance in front of them.

[attachment=3132:nun2.gif][attachment=3132:nun2.gif][attachment=3132:nun2.gif]

Edited by FutureFranciscan:)

FutureSister2009

yes that is what I am going to start calling it, my "Nun Account"

When you don't request vacation time from work after March because you're hoping that you'll enter the convent later this year...

Kayte Postle

When you play habit dress up...

[attachment=3134:nun.jpg]

Do I make a good cfr? :nun: (So I made this wrap scarf for mass and ado, and I just couldn't resist playing with it..)

Edited by Kayte Postle

Lil'Monster

Sweetness!!!

DS told me that I would make a good vocation directress.

I will probably scare every girl outta there :O