An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

DiscerningCatholic

When you play habit dress up...

attachicon.gifnun.jpg

Do I make a good cfr? :nun: (So I made this wrap scarf for mass and ado, and I just couldn't resist playing with it..)

I do that, too!!!

229935_287567191360410_612853249_n.jpg

Sweetness!!!

DS told me that I would make a good vocation directress.

I will probably scare every girl outta there :o

No, you wouldn't. 

DiscerningCatholic

When you are wearing a dark-navy-and-white skirt and think, "Hmm. If the navy blue were black, I'd be wearing Dominican colors."

And then go like this...

tumblr_m24c4jqBcu1r2828g.gif

And go, "SISTERS OF LIFE COLORS!!!!! :smile4: "

:nun:

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

I was helping my mom and another lady with the church flowers when they asked my to put the clothe back on the altar. I did (making sure everything was lined up in the middle) and then the seminarians walked in and told me I would make a good nun or sacristian. He asked me if I had ever considered and I said, "Only about 10 people have told me I would make a good nun."  The seminarian said, "Well that is what us semianarians call signs Carter."

Oh and when a priest tries to leave you at the convent... :P

Edited by cartermia

petitpèlerin

When you're having a personal discernment crisis, you hit a wall, and you fall into a pit for a few days because you don't have any really good friends you can talk to about it at the moment . . . and then your two good brothers you do trust and can talk to but live somewhere else show up in your local chapel in the morning the day before Divine Mercy Sunday, and your first thought is "divine mercy for me!" You have a chance to talk one-on-one with each of them and they both say wise things that completely encourage you and help you sort through the mess that has been your mind for the last few days. And you know that you're still on track.

When you love having brothers. And you know you have the best ones in the world. And you know they'll both be great priests someday. And that thrills you. And you know they see some potential in you that you don't see or fully understand yourself. And that thrills you too. And they ask you to pray for them, and that thrills you, too. But you already pray for them all the time anyway.

FutureFranciscan:)

When the Superior and the other sisters are trying to figure out which sister's habit would make the best pattern for yours in around 4 years because you are so small.  :dance:  :nunpray: 

FutureSister2009

When you know you really need some kind of job desperately to help pay for Convent hopping

DiscerningCatholic

When you want to re-paint your room black and white and hang up Dominican hounds everywhere.

Catholicterp7

When the fact that, due to being a Sign Language Interpreter, your closet is almost all black doesn't phase you at all. 

Kylie Spinelli

When the vocations directress for the Salesian Sisters in NJ wants you to come and visit and is the ONLY order so far (that I've contacted) that will take me already! :D

Guest Allie

When this brings you to the quiet  joy of recognition.

539217_599115723449734_1653511806_n.jpg

After briefly tasting the New Atheism offered by our friend Daniel Dennett in his comments on our YouTube video, I must say that I find it a very sour wind flavored with bitter gall! Why would anyone want to drink it, especially one who has tasted the sweetness of Christ?  This thought reminds me of a poem one of our sisters wrote as a meditation on Psalm 131.  Let us pray it for Daniel and all who are not able to pray because their senses are dead to the beauty of God’s love.

Wean Me Away

Wean me away from the wine of the world,
Feed me instead with the milk of your word.
Take from my mouth the bloody meat,
Give me the breast that is more than sweet.

Wrest me from weary marvels beyond me,
Rest me within the arms that surround me
You, the marvel in and around me.

Here is Psalm 131:

O Lord, my heart is not proud
nor haughty my eyes.
I have not gone after things too great
nor marvels beyond me.

Truly I have set my soul
in silence and peace.
As a child has rest in its mother’s arms,
even so my soul.

O Israel, hope in the Lord
both now and forever.

--from the Barhamsville Poor Clare Blog

TheresaThoma

When you get really upset at work and you end up silently chanting the Salve (in Latin of course) to yourself to calm down.

Guest Allie

When you're sitting on a panel in front of about 250 college students excited about their futures and as you speak about opportunities in your field,  your inner voice is saying quietly.  This is wonderful but not for you.  Oh yes, and you're also discreetly checking email (for a message from Mother Abbess)and VS (just cause) and making it look like you're pulling up stats for the next presentation.This is happening NOW people.  I feel like :alien:.

Spem in alium

When, during Mass, there is one EM directly in front of you (literally, I could touch her) and another is within grasping distance, one EM holding the Precious Blood and the other holding the Holy Body....and you can't reason with yourself to close your eyes to pray because Jesus is right there, so close to you and you can just cast your gaze upon Him and adore Him all through Holy Communion.

When, after Easter morning Mass, you want to give thanks after Mass for the Eucharist and for the Resurrection, but your family is pestering you to get up and go to the car. 

When in said car, all you can think about is how loud everyone is being, and at the convent it would be much more prayerful and they wouldn't be talking about trivial things like taxes and houses and baseball games right after Mass. 

THE WORLD IS SO NOISY!  :pinch:

I love this. A lot.

When spending time with sisters ranks as one of the greatest things you've ever experienced.

When just seeing a priest or religious is enough to get you super beyond-normal excited.

DiscerningCatholic

When you're addicted to Desprez's setting of the Salve Regina. :| This could also be considered as criteria for "You know you're a future Dominican when."