An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

DiscerningCatholic

It was worse for a conference I went to last year...flight left at 6:40, had to be at the airport by 4:30...was up at 2:00. 

ToJesusMyHeart

I feel the need to explain that the reason I'm so jumpy and irritable today, and why I over-reacted about your "GPOY" is because there is some really crappy family stuff going on right now, which is described in more detail in the Prayer Room. It's just making me more uptight than usual. 

But once, again,  :sorry:

FutureSister2009

Okay! :) It's fine. 

I got the 8:00 flight out, which means I have to leave my house at 6:00 (in the morning... :| )...

:yawn:

My flight is at 2pm and I land there at 4

Spem in alium

When the Sister you're corresponding with says "Spem, you are always welcome in our home" and offers you a weekend stay, and you get so excited and joy-filled you could just sing!

ChristinaTherese

When you start spinning out of joy after Mass, and then riding your bike in random loops in the parking lot and singing before you actually leave the church property.

When you don't seem to know what "leave" means when Mass is over and you're one of the last people (except for the priest, possibly) still in the church.

Guest Allie

When people's understanding doesn't matter anymore? Why should it? You don't belong here anyways.

ChristinaTherese

When a cemetery is sorta-kinda on your path back home, so you walk through and pray the rosary. And then you don't mind having it hanging visibly and being audible, because people shouldn't just use it as a frisbee field. (They weren't on Sunday, but they were another time.... I understand, I would have done that a few years ago, but I still think that it is not bad for them to see such things as me walking through praying.)

Catholicterp7

When this "We will not necessarily work together at the same jobs or service or even have one common work as a community. We believe, as servants, that we need to be available in an ongoing way to serve where God's love is most needed and we are able at a given time." (from the constitutions of the Servants of God's Love) makes your heart really happy! 

Also when, upon hearing one of the Sisters say that their charismatic and trinitarian spirituality means that each sister's particular spirituality is fostered and encouraged your heart says "That's what I've been looking for in the other eight orders I've visited in the past four years!" 

cartermia

When today was May crowing at your parish and you got to crown the Blessed Mother! And when the crown was mad of flowers and how you want to have a crown like that when you enter! :love: :nun1:

Pax_et bonum

When you tell your mom that you're going to the convent this evening and she asks if you're coming back  :hehe2:

Lil'Monster

When you tell your mom that you're going to the convent this evening and she asks if you're coming back  :hehe2:

Are you coming to the may retreat?

Pax_et bonum

Are you coming to the may retreat?

I don't think it's going to work out, but who knows :)