You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

If Sr. Joseph Andrew basically COMMANDS you to come to the next discernment retreat and get application papers.

LOL did she do that to you also?  :)

...when you read, "Serve the Lord" on the back of a ketchup bottle and make a remark to your family about how it's pretty awesome that the company is Christian.  Your brother looks back at you confused:  "'Save the Land' isn't particularly Christian....."

• Like 4
  • Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DiscerningCatholic

• ChristinaTherese

• Spem in alium

• ToJesusMyHeart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...if having to select lay clothes every day is seriously penitential. (The habit in my past is one of the best gifts I ever received. I can't help but wonder if there mightn't still be one in my fut

When you finally tell your brothers in your community that you're going to be entering, and they're leaping with joy, and can't contain themselves in telling you that they've felt this for a long time

When you tell your mom that you're going to the convent this evening and she asks if you're coming back  :hehe2:

Posted Images

LOL did she do that to you also?   :)

...when you read, "Serve the Lord" on the back of a ketchup bottle and make a remark to your family about how it's pretty amesome that the company is Christian.  Your brother looks back at you confused:  "'Save the Land' isn't particularly Christian....."

lol :hehe:

When you go for Spiritual Direction at the convent where you had your discernment retreat, and as you're walking with Sister you feel something strange you can't quite decipher. A little while later, you find yourself thinking about it and realise that what you felt was a sense of comfort, of longing, of being at home, and while that feeling scares you a little, it brings you such immense joy! Feeling more and more that this is my calling. Praise God.

• Like 1
petitpèlerin

When you show up for weekday mass at your neighborhood church which is absolutely nowhere on the map and full of old folks as usual, and then you spot a young Franciscan Sister TOR there and you get real happy.

When you live not terribly far from Steubenville and your Franciscan-run church is a favorite retreat spot for FUS students and religious, and you love the connection, even though FUS isn't your scene, because you're a Franciscan at heart.

When you arrive early for your weekly Scripture class and have a chat with the woman you teach with. When she asks you "When's your vacation?" you think she's asked you something about your vocation and wonder how she found out you are discerning. While you're saying "ummm, ahh..." and trying to work out what to say, she says "When do you go on holidays?", to which you make a very relieved and inwardly embarrassed reply :)

I always read and hear "vacation" as "vocation" - it can be a real problem!  :blush:

• Like 1
ChristinaTherese

When you arrive early for your weekly Scripture class and have a chat with the woman you teach with. When she asks you "When's your vacation?" you think she's asked you something about your vocation and wonder how she found out you are discerning. While you're saying "ummm, ahh..." and trying to work out what to say, she says "When do you go on holidays?", to which you make a very relieved and inwardly embarrassed reply :)

I always read and hear "vacation" as "vocation" - it can be a real problem!  :blush:

When, while reading the post above, you read the question as "Where's your vocation?"

Okay, okay, I might just fail at reading, since I read "when" as "where".

When, while reading the post above, you read the question as "Where's your vocation?"

Okay, okay, I might just fail at reading, since I read "when" as "where".

rotfl Glad to know someone else thinks along similar lines!

When you go to dinner with the Sisters and feel not only happy, but like you can really be yourself with them in a way you can't really be with others.

When they say things like: "I think Spem will be coming here regularly" and "Hopefully this will be the first of many visits for Spem".  

Seriously in looooove!

• Like 1
DiscerningCatholic

When everyone at your church takes your reverence in Mass as a sign of discernment.

Makes me kinda sad, though....if reverence is a sign of discernment, EVERYONE should be getting asked if they're discerning. I guess it's just me. :hmmm:

FutureFranciscan:)

When your counting down the days until you are going to be spending 3 days up at the convent on retreat (6 more!) and you get an email from the vocation director asking if you would like to come spend a week with them next month with a few other girls and your parents say yes to you going! im so excited!  :yahoo:  :nun2:  

Edited by FutureFranciscan:)
  • Like 1

When you're in the application process....... :)

(God's will be done.)

When, on the 2nd day of class, the girl who sits next to you whom you don't know, randomly turns toward you and says, "I know you don't know me, but could you pray for me?" and later asks you about your prayer life so that she can work on her own. 

• Like 2