An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

DiscerningCatholic

Yeah, in Ave Maria, FL. :) Not sure if I'll be able to visit them, but I'm praying!

Mary's Child

When you are super excited to go to daily mass with others of your family, and not just by yourself as you often do.

When an amazingly good day consists of getting a new rosary, seeing a relic of your favorite saint, going to mass, adoration and confession. Then a yummy dinner to top it off :) .

When no one acts surprised on learning you are discerning.

When others on your youth ministry core team regularly ask you when you leave :EEK:

DiscerningCatholic

When I first told my priest about my discernment, he said, "When?" I said, "When what?" He said again, "When?" I said again, "When WHAT?" He said, "When are you entering?"

Mary's Child

Haha! Thats great I remember when I first told my Mom I was discerning her first reaction was "yeah I wondered about that but I didnt want to say anything"

FutureFranciscan:)

Haha! Thats great I remember when I first told my Mom I was discerning her first reaction was "yeah I wondered about that but I didnt want to say anything"

haha thats exactly what I got from my mom too 

Edited by FutureFranciscan:)

Mary's Child

When you want to say morning prayer first thing in the morning.

When you look at not being able to sleep as a "unexpected vigil with Jesus" rather than being upset about not sleeping.

Chiquitunga

when you see this ...

wrought-iron-fence.jpg

or this..

Raised_Sewer_Grate_lg.jpg

or this... :proud:

Livart_Orange_BBQ_Grill.jpg

and think this :smile4:

5772503449_723586cffa_z.jpg

ceb4acc16f073cae06e06f082b168926.jpg

Spem in alium

When you leave an elderly Polish Sister talking with your family while getting ready to leave the convent, and find out that the Sister has told your family that the community loves you and wants to keep you. :)

When you say goodbye to this Sister and she says: "You're leaving? Stay! We're best friends! I'll miss you!"

Spem in alium

Oh, and another (kind of funny) one:

When you get your hair cut short. The Sisters notice. Your friends do not :P

Mary's Child

When you leave an elderly Polish Sister talking with your family while getting ready to leave the convent, and find out that the Sister has told your family that the community loves you and wants to keep you. :)

When you say goodbye to this Sister and she says: "You're leaving? Stay! We're best friends! I'll miss you!"

I know right both of these have happened to me recently. :) On my first visit with my sisters at the end Mother asked me if Id like a vocation interest form I was like :winner: . There novice had to leave during breakfast for a confirmation class she was teaching and we were gone at mass when she came back but we had to come back for a few minutes to get some things and as soon as she saw us she was like "oh does this mean your staying?" :hehe: :nun1:

As I was saying good bye to the novice mistress after my second visit she was like "not our Marys Child" :cupid:

Spem in alium

Haha! I love it. This Sister looked like she was about to cry at the thought of me going home with my parents. :P

When the Sisters go and meet your parents so that, in their words, "Your mum and dad won't think we're abducting you."  :hehe2:

Mary's Child

lol yes

I just thought of one when your sisters drive over 7 hours to come meet your family :)

Spem in alium

lol yes

I just thought of one when your sisters drive over 7 hours to come meet your family :)

Aww! That's so sweet! :) :)

This is just something I thought of: while we were on the way home my parents told me the Sisters had given them a box of chocolates to thank them for letting me stay  :hehe2: So cute!