An Old School Catholic Message Board

Creepy Generic Undefined Human...?

Mary's Margaret

I wonder if I have it?

Yup. Yuk.

I can cope with "generic" and "undefined" but I am somewhat underwhelmed by the "creepy".

I'm sure it isn't meant that way. But I feel a bit insulted.

:cry:

Renee the Nunnabe

I went from "Phatmasser" to "Creepy Generic Undefined Human." 

I know it's not meant to be mean, but I don't much like it. :cry:  

It's dUSt's way of saying he's sick of people complaining about the titles. I think once the most vociferous whiners quiet themselves down he'll put it back.

Mary's Margaret
I wonder if I have it?

Yup. Yuk.

I can cope with "generic" and "undefined" but I am somewhat underwhelmed by the "creepy".

I'm sure it isn't meant that way. But I feel a bit insulted.

:cry:

I can cope with 'human', but the rest I find unwarranted.

It's dUSt's way of saying he's sick of people complaining about the titles. I think once the most vociferous whiners quiet themselves down he'll put it back.

Perhaps if there's a problem with some, it would be better to deal with then directly rather than painting others with the same brush.  Also, if that's the case, then why doesn't everyone have the same title.  How were we chosen to have this said about us?

I hope it will be rethought as it certainly is affecting my sense of this being a welcoming and respectful site.

somethingfishy

It's not personally directed at you or me. Don't worry about it or assume it somehow defines you ("painting others with the same brush" etc). It's dUSt's forum and he'll do what he likes with it, and if that's not working for you then no one's twisting your arm to stay.

This is a benevolent dictatorship, not a democracy -- and btw it's a free service, that dUSt and the mods run largely out of the goodness of their hearts. I don't know where people get the idea that they're entitled to something.

I was party to the original thread in Open Mic and I agree that this is probably just dUSt pointing out to us that tags could be a lot worse than they presently are.

You also probably have me to thank (at least partly) for his making his point this way.

someone call the wahhhhhhhhmbulance.

It's not personally directed at you or me. Don't worry about it or assume it somehow defines you ("painting others with the same brush" etc). It's dUSt's forum and he'll do what he likes with it, and if that's not working for you then no one's twisting your arm to stay.

This is a benevolent dictatorship, not a democracy -- and btw it's a free service, that dUSt and the mods run largely out of the goodness of their hearts. I don't know where people get the idea that they're entitled to something.

i'd like to hug you.

you know. if i was into hugging. <_<

Seriously?

This is juvenile and demeaning, for a website that is "supposedly" Christian.

:doh:

I hope it will be rethought as it certainly is affecting my sense of this being a welcoming and respectful site.

how's this for respectful?

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

perhaps if some people stuck their heads out of the little hidey-hole they've created for themselves in VS, they'd realize what goes on in other parts of the phorum. <_<

MissScripture

Also, the "creepy" term is something from Phatmass history. If people want to be personally offended, that's their choice, but dUSt is definitely not sitting around thinking about how he can offend people. I'm guessing his current thoughts revolve a lot more around dirty diapers and baby puke. 

perhaps if some people stuck their heads out of the little hidey-hole they've created for themselves in VS, they'd realize what goes on in other parts of the phorum. <_<

I like this hidey-hole...usually.

I think this tag describes me pretty accurately. I'm so glad there's now a place in the world for us creepy generic undefined humans. Haters gonna hate.