An Old School Catholic Message Board

Info Or Previous Thread - Benedictine Daughters Of Divine Will?

HisAlone

Wouldn't it be wonderful to see a rule in some communities (in every spiritually) age limit - 35 and up ONLY!! Lol

There are the Eudists of the Seventh Hour - I believe they only start accepting after 40

OnlySunshine

There are the Eudists of the Seventh Hour - I believe they only start accepting after 40

Yes, the Eudists accept older women from 45 to 65.  They are on my list.  ;)

I just went to their website for my own edification :))  Wow, seems not a lot a formation goes on before one takes her vows, and it's interesting that Sisters live all over the United 

States and in Mexico.  Bless them for accepting older vocations ..... I guess we who are "up there" in age are pretty much already formed in our secular vocation in life! As the saying goes, it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks  :hehe2:

Mary's Margaret

I just went to their website for my own edification :))  Wow, seems not a lot a formation goes on before one takes her vows, and it's interesting that Sisters live all over the United 

States and in Mexico.  Bless them for accepting older vocations ..... I guess we who are "up there" in age are pretty much already formed in our secular vocation in life! As the saying goes, it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks  :hehe2:

I think it may be more the case that women who are accepted are already mature in their faith and prayer lives.  Also, this is not primarily a community living in common.  The women have to live independently and be self-supporting, more often than not returning to live and carry out their apostolates in their hometowns.  In addition to the late starting age, this would make a longer formation period unmanageable as one has to maintain one's home, and perhaps job, while going through the process.  

That being said, I am curious about how the community is organised, what's included in their initial and ongoing formation, etc.  Actually, in my diocese, we're looking into the possibility of a non-residential, contemplative community with an apostolate of prayer and presence to the critically ill/injured, the dying and those who have willfully turned from God.  The entrance age range would be 40-65.  I'm in the process of contacting Mother Antonia's community and would be happy to post whatever information I gather if folk are interested. 

• 6 years later...
LittleDaughterOfGod

I LOVE the Benedictine Daughters of the Divine Will! They are amesome!!!!!!! I personally am friends with them, and I'm telling you, the Holy Spirit is at work in this Blessed order!

Although I've received the BDDW's newsletters from their inception, I haven't had the occasion to go to their website lately. But I did today.  They have vastly improved the look!  And, for those of you , ahem, "of a certain age", they are now accepting vocations from ages 40 and under. That seems to be a bit up of bump up from the previous age limit.

Since I haven't been active on this board for over a year, I don't know it this is old news or not.

I wonder what age the oldest person to enter a convent was.  People seem to be entering at all ages these days which is a good thing I think.