An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dsmme May 2013 Discernment Retreat Official Thread!

DiscerningCatholic

I should be going! I'm 98% sure, I have to wait til a little closer to the retreat to see if I can get the time off work. I'm pumped though, it will be my second.

DiscerningCatholic

I has dumb question: When do you get time to shower and stuff? LOL I know it's a dumb question, but the schedule just sounds so packed that my mom was worried about when we'd get time to do stuff like that. 

dominicansoul

Its so different from when I went.  We stayed in Tom's "shack" out in the woods which was equipped with showers.  I'm not sure what you all do now...

DiscerningCatholic

I know that they put us in one of the schools (Joy Rd. I'm guessing), but aside from that...and WHEN do you have time to take showers?! It looks like a jam packed weekend! 

And who's Tom? And why is his shack on the sisters' propery?

I know that they put us in one of the schools (Joy Rd. I'm guessing), but aside from that...and WHEN do you have time to take showers?! It looks like a jam packed weekend! 

You don't really have time at all to shower. I don't remember any of the bathrooms having a shower period, since you are at the school. But I wouldn't worry about it, you are there for only 24hrs, and everyone else is in the same boat. You have plenty of time to shower when you get home. =)

DiscerningCatholic

On a semi-unrelated note, my friend and I have semi-matching Facebook profile pictures!

156208_275273969256399_1123503425_n.jpg

484880_4555320755478_830994870_n.jpg

:nun: Both of our pictures even have one sister with glasses and one sister without glasses. That's how awe.some we are.

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

dominicansoul

Tom as in Domino's pizza owner Tom Monaghan.  And the Sisters are on HIS property.  lol...

Wow, that's funny.  My novitiate sisters from the DSMME are in the first picture with you, and SR. Mary Peter was in the novitiate with me in Nashville in the second picture...

I miss those beautiful souls....

And yes, the DSMME veils are so much prettier with that slimmer white bone collar that holds the black veils in place. :P

DiscerningCatholic

I think that the wider white looks a bit like a sweatband... :|

I didn't know you were in novitiate with both Sr. Mary and Sr. Maria!!! (That got SO confusing at LTLC...So I ended up calling them both "Sister." And obviously, if I was addressing one, both of them would react. :hehe2: )

dominicansoul

Sr. Maria Frassatti used to wear thick black awesome frames...  to me, it was such a unique look that was just sooo her, you know what I mean...

I went to see them a few years back, and she no longer wore them, and the first thing i said after not seeing her for years was, "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GLASSES??" lol

Sr. Mary Magdalene was already professed.  She was not in the novitiate with me, but we were still very active with the professed sisters at that time... there wasn't that much seperation back then...

DiscerningCatholic

LOL Sr. Maria used to wear dork glasses? :nerd: I guess Sr. Mary entered pretty early on; the community has only been around for 15 years!