An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dsmme May 2013 Discernment Retreat Official Thread!

DiscerningCatholic

domenica_therese

484880_4555320755478_830994870_n.jpg

The sister on the left is the VD, Sister Peter Marie. On the right is the Novice mistress, Sister John Thomas.

I was just on their 5 day Come and See retreat (with B), and it was breathtaking. So beautiful. And, thanks be to God, they are coming to visit my school soon! When I got the email from Sr. PM saying, "I wanted to let you know that Sr. John Thomas and I are coming to Texas A&M. We are really excited about coming!"  :smile3: <---my face! 

Our souls thirst for God, and staying with them was like taking a drink from the fountain of the Lord. 

Wait, Sr. John Thomas is the Novice mistress now??? I love Sr. John Thomas! It's hilarious, because when I visited they said "You have to meet Sr. John Thomas! She did Totus Tuus, she's from KS, and she went to UD!" All three of which apply to me. Do you know when she became Novice Mistress? Because she wasn't when I visited back in May.

Let me guess, they're coming somewhere around February 20th or 21st? They're coming to the University of Dallas too. ^.^ I've never actually met Sr. Peter Marie -- she became VD shortly after I visited -- but I've been in phone contact with her since last semester, and I like her a lot. Sr. Mary Emily was extremely sweet, but I felt like with Sr. Peter Marie there were a lot of things I didn't have to explain; she just understood. It felt almost like God changed the vocation director to fit me, because I always felt very nervous talking to Sr. Mary Emily. :P

Anyway, I'm very excited to meet her, and see Sr. John Thomas again. :)

Edited by domenica_therese

ToJesusMyHeart

Wait, Sr. John Thomas is the Novice mistress now??? I love Sr. John Thomas! It's hilarious, because when I visited they said "You have to meet Sr. John Thomas! She did Totus Tuus, she's from KS, and she went to UD!" All three of which apply to me. Do you know when she became Novice Mistress? Because she wasn't when I visited back in May.

Let me guess, they're coming somewhere around February 20th or 21st? They're coming to the University of Dallas too. ^.^ I've never actually met Sr. Peter Marie -- she became VD shortly after I visited -- but I've been in phone contact with her since last semester, and I like her a lot. Sr. Mary Emily was extremely sweet, but I felt like with Sr. Peter Marie there were a lot of things I didn't have to explain; she just understood. It felt almost like God changed the vocation director to fit me, because I always felt very nervous talking to Sr. Mary Emily. :P

Anyway, I'm very excited to meet her, and see Sr. John Thomas again. :)

Hmmm....maybe I'm wrong. Maybe she's just vocations assistant....I can't seem to remember right now. I'm probably wrong. :( Sorry for the confusion! 

But anyway, yes, they're both so easy to talk to! :)

domenica_therese

I think she's the vocation assistant, that sounds about right. When I was there the sister who used to be a professional ballerina was the novice mistress. 

FutureSister2009

I am praying by the grace of God that my mom will let me go! I just want to have the experience so much! I am so open to it!

DiscerningCatholic

You should goooooo!!!!!!!!!! LOL I got the email from Sister and she thought I was coming in Feb. I wish I were. :hmmm: