An Old School Catholic Message Board

Taking A Bit Of A Break.

Catholicterp7

Catholicterp7

This is something that has been on my heart for some time now. On the feast of the Epiphany I realized that my attitude toward discerning wasn't correct. My mindset was one of needing to figure this out as soon as possible instead of learning to love Christ in every way. I also realized that my perspective of myself has been way too connected to whatever community I was discerning with at any given time. 

I have been given a real clarity and peace in the knowledge that my vocation right now is to be a lay sign language interpreter. I'm very excited about it and can't wait to start my career. I also have taken some small steps in starting some new Deaf ministries in the Church and am eagerly, and surprisingly patiently, waiting to see what God does with that. I also have been given the opportunity to start interpreting Masses which is very exciting and am also going to be interpreting the young adult conference. 

For the sake of keeping myself focused on the present and out of my future I have come to the conclusion that it's probably best for me to take a break from VS. I'll still be on Phatmass, just not here in the VS, so if you want to please feel free to PM me. 

You are all in my prayers and please continue to pray for me. 

Doesn't it feel great, when you know where you are headed and can feel pretty confident you won't be losing sleep over it.I think you have chosen a wonderful aspect of ministry to be active in! Good luck and. I will say a prayer from you!!