An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have You Narrowed It Down To Specific Orders Or Communities?

Renee the Nunnabe

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At this point in time, yes, I am discerning with only two communities -- the Sisters of St. Rita and the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady Mother of the Church (SCMC).  The SCMC is the order I'm really interested in.  The Sisters of St. Rita have already said they would consider me but I fear that, since they only have two permanent Sisters there, that it is not an ideal community but they have a new postulant entering soon.  I plan to visit them in May or June.  I'm still hashing out details with the SCMC and I got some literature from them with an aspirancy interview in it.  Sr. Mary Jacinta wrote a very kind note to me and said that they would appreciate my background in healthcare.  I hope to visit them soon before starting LAMP in New York (if not after LAMP). 

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

I'm leaning toward the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word but still have the Sisters of Life on the back burner.  I'm hoping to go visit the SSEW in April for a weekend retreat.   :bounce:

FutureSister2009

It's basically come down to the Salesian Sisters and possibly the DSMMEs and maybe the NDs. Don't know for sure. It could most likely be the Salesians though

Julie de Sales

I have like 4 congregations I could picture myself in, but I'm in contact with none of them. It's better this way, because I change a lot in my preferences. I think time will show me what the Lord asks from me.

I voted yes, but it depends on what God wants... He's been known to surprise people on occasion.  :)  I've got two communities that I'm in the beginning stages of discerning.  I'm trying to arrange visits with both of them and then go from there.

PhuturePriest

I discerned down to the Franciscan Brothers Minor and the Diocesan Priesthood, and now I have discerned down to finding a beautiful lady that will either like or get passed my love for kilts. ;)

ToJesusMyHeart

I discerned down to the Franciscan Brothers Minor and the Diocesan Priesthood, and now I have discerned down to finding a beautiful lady that will either like or get passed past my love for kilts. ;)

fixed.

Down to one community and am almost ready to apply (still have a couple of loose ends to tie up before I can!)

Still the SMMC?  :)

Renee the Nunnabe

I haven't quite narrowed things down yet, though I am leaning toward the Dominicans and the Passionists. I'm not discounting the possibility of marriage.  

I think it's wonderful that so many of y'all are starting to seriously discern with specific communities! =)  

Edited by Renee the Nunnabe