An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have You Narrowed It Down To Specific Orders Or Communities?

Renee the Nunnabe

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OnlySunshine

Good luck with it! :)

Thank you!  At least I know it's a real possibility.  I've heard of some Bishops who do not consecrate virgins but I'm hopeful the current Bishop of my diocese, who is very much for promoting vocations, will allow it.  :)

Golden Years

Not sure yet but possibly the Carmelites in Alexandria and/or their new foundation in Bismarck, North Dakota

• 2 weeks later...
dominicansoul

I'm waiting for someone to found a community of female Jesuits.  Now with a Jesuit Pope, maybe someone will get inspired.   :smile3:

FutureSister2009

I'm waiting for someone to found a community of female Jesuits.  Now with a Jesuit Pope, maybe someone will get inspired.   :smile3:

It's funny you say that because I was really wondering if there was any Jesuit Sisters. I don't think I'm called to be a Jesuit but I was curious

SisterSnowflake

It's funny you say that because I was really wondering if there was any Jesuit Sisters. I don't think I'm called to be a Jesuit but I was curious

The Sisters of St. Joseph were founded by a Jesuit. The SSJ has an Ignatian-Salesian spirituality; "with an orientation toward excellence, tempered by gentleness, peace, and joy."

FutureSister2009

The Sisters of St. Joseph were founded by a Jesuit. The SSJ has an Ignatian-Salesian spirituality; "with an orientation toward excellence, tempered by gentleness, peace, and joy."

Like I said, I don't think I'm called to be a Jesuit, therefore, I am not interested in the Sisters of St. Joseph

• 5 weeks later...
Spem in alium

At the moment, I'm most interested in the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, the Little Sisters of the Poor, or a fella :)

At the moment, I'm most interested in the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, the Little Sisters of the Poor, or a fella :)

Quite a variety! 

yes, its narrowed down to one and I am most likely going to spend a weekend there in August and no its not Benedictine as I thought it would be.

FutureSister2009

Well I may have changed my mind a few hundred times. Right now, I am focusing on the DSMMEs, the Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church and the Sisters of Our Mother of Divine Grace. But I am still thinking about cloistered life too. I guess this is why I can't enter anywhere yet.

TheresaThoma

Ok things have changed a bit for me, I am still interested in the SMMC but another community has come to my attention and I feel like I need to explore that and see where it goes before I make any decisions.

(I have been Catholic for 2 years now so that means one hurdle down in entering with ANY community).

Not sure yet but possibly the Carmelites in Alexandria and/or their new foundation in Bismarck, North Dakota

My neck of the woods.  They are wonderful sisters.