An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have You Narrowed It Down To Specific Orders Or Communities?

Renee the Nunnabe

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 5 weeks later...
OnlySunshine

I wish I could change my vote.  I would say either "no" or "not actively searching."  :)

It's always changing but currently Missionaries of the Poor Sisters or possibly Sisters of Life. Who knows...

OnlySunshine

I'm becoming more and more intrigued by the Passionists.  I love St. Gemma (as evidenced by my picture).  If there was a Passionist monastery near me, I'd attend an Oblate meeting to see if I fit in to their spirituality.  I really like the Franciscans.  Still trying to find my niche.  ;)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

I know iI don't have a attraction to teaching or nursing communities (well..elders I can handle)

• 4 months later...
ToJesusMyHeart

Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Jesus and Mary

They're legit. 

But they have tons of ticks on their property. Beware! ;)

Catherine Therese

But a specific variety ;)

I've met sisters from both of those orders you mentioned - BEAUTIFUL, both of them. :-) Very different charisms! Is there a unifying characteristic that makes them both appeal to you, or is the appeal just coming from completely different directions?

Catherine Therese

Keeping my cards close to my chest just at present. It's too soon since I returned to the world. But the Lord is doing interesting things in my heart these days, put it that way. :) Please pray for me too, as I will pray for each of you!

Keeping my cards close to my chest just at present. It's too soon since I returned to the world. But the Lord is doing interesting things in my heart these days, put it that way. :) Please pray for me too, as I will pray for each of you!

I'll be praying, just remember our God is certainly a God of Surprises!