An Old School Catholic Message Board

That's All, Folks! Or So I Thought...

marigold

:bounce:

Yes, double bounce!!!!

So happy for you, for your lovely dream and for the dream into some form of reality.

Praying for the project and for you, and praising God.

Thank you!

Hi Marigold. This is so precious, all the experience you share with us. I've never heard anybody describing my own feelings after having left the community so closely.

For me it's at the time the question: actively looking for a monastery? or waiting for God's signs? I've always felt an inner urge towards searching and so I thought, as long as God gives me the impulse I will follow it.
But at the moment I can't see to the ground. Somehow I wish nothing else but lazing around. Deciding is so arduous. Even if I decide to wait or to do "nothing" i. e. wait for God's initiative, I have to decide that... and time is running. My traineeship has 8 months left and then I have to find a decision for the time to follow.

Perhaps you might find a few words to the "how to find the right monastery"-question...

Senensis, I've been thinking about this and I think the answer is 'do both'. Somehow we have to be actively looking and actively waiting. The latter can feel passive or like a cop-out but it's not if we are praying a lot and keeping our eyes open. For me, it was literally before my eyes: someone showed me a fundraising postcard and told me about the foundation. From your posts in the Let's Get It Right thread, it looks like you've got some good ideas :)

Marigold,

Though I am a past religious, I still read and at times reply here, because I think that where folks have been, what trials they have endured and all of the messy and wonderful life experiences we all have been through help others who may be going through some of the same things. Or the pitfalls of some may be avoided by the sharing of experiences. Our journeys are valuable to us personally, even though we can not possibly see it at the time. May God's loving presence surround you through this next phase of your path.

I'd like to ask for everybody's prayers. It's been so good to write about this and see other people's reactions - but it's making for a lot of soul-searching and very hard work figuring out what to do next. I have at least three serious options and each one means a massive life change. Not necessarily a bad thing, but prayers are very much wanted, more than ever. 

maximillion

Yes, of course, praying the Holy Spirit will inspire and guide you as you make your decisions Marigold.

Yes, of course, praying the Holy Spirit will inspire and guide you as you make your decisions Marigold.

Merci beaucoup, chère sœur!

MargaretTeresa

Lots of prayers! Please pray for me as I have a phone talk with a VD tomorrow. (As KrissyLou would say, finishing fully reactivating the nunnabe status. :p )

Lots of prayers! Please pray for me as I have a phone talk with a VD tomorrow. (As KrissyLou would say, finishing fully reactivating the nunnabe status. :P )

Will pray!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a long weekend. My dad's in Intensive Care after heart problems during an operation. I also met up with the Father who is starting the foundation of the new monastery. He showed me the architectural plans, which are so lovely, and we were able to discuss a lot of things which it hasn't been possible to talk about while he's been travelling to raise funds all year. I'm meeting him again today for lunch, in between hospital visits.

It's going to be a really small, modest women's monastery and Father will be the resident priest. Thankfully (from my perspective) it's just going to be a totally normative Orthodox monastery, the main work being prayer and receiving pilgrims.

Since it's not happening by a rich benefactor, but by the donations of normal people, it'll likely be an uphill struggle financially. But that might be spiritually better. He's asked me to come travelling to parishes next year, which is a scary prospect but in a good, growing way.

It makes me laugh sometimes, because I never in a million years would have signed up to this on my own volition.

maximillion

The Lord works in mysterious ways.........

Let us all know if there is somewhere or somehow we can donate........

TheresaThoma

It makes me laugh sometimes, because I never in a million years would have signed up to this on my own volition.

I definitely know the feeling. I think sometimes the Lord gives us a couple of "baby steps" but then just gives us a big shove into something we never thought we could or would do.

Prayers for this project.

I will also be praying for your dad. Let me know if you want/need to talk.

brandelynmarie

Holding you & everyone (especially your dad) & everything in prayer. Fiat mihi!:saint:

Edited by brandelynmarie