An Old School Catholic Message Board

That's All, Folks! Or So I Thought...

marigold

Today I would have flown out to my mum. Her wedding is on Saturday, the Dormition of Our Lady. I feel guilty for upsetting her, but I'm still certain that it's better for me to stay away than be present and ruin the wedding by not being able to grin and bear it. I would appreciate continued prayers for us.

In two weeks I'm going for a longer live-in with the community I visited back in April. Not sure how long, hopefully a couple of months or more. It's quite a lot stricter than my former community, but it's much happier and healthier from what I've seen thus far, so I'm sort of excited and a bit scared at the same time.

MarysLittleFlower, there has been a very small yet steady increase here in North America. There are a lot that are currently looking for communities as well. At least from what I have seen and heard.

Haha Maridold! I like to think that there really is no normal. That we are all a little weird. So, you are not alone!

Our parish bulletin : "Dear Lord, would you please make me a good egg, even though I am a bit cracked".

prayers for you marigold

Praying for you, Marigold ! We will miss you ! 

Thanks, peeps. I won't be totally gone ;)

Edited by marigold

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! I just popped in to see how everyone is, and thought I'd let you know that I decided to stay at the community and am officially a novice. Unfortunately that means paperwork, so I'm out of the monastery for several weeks, getting my documents in order. It's a pain, but on the upside I can while away some time on VS, and I even have pocket money for chocolate :)

Wow ! It's such a big news ! Prayers for you, Marigold, I hope you'll peresevere ! 

Would ou agree to told us wich community it is ?

Wow ! It's such a big news ! Prayers for you, Marigold, I hope you'll peresevere ! 

Would ou agree to told us wich community it is ?

Non! I don't think that would bring any benefit at this moment in time. Thank you very much for the good wishes :)

Congrats marigold!  May I ask what the stages of formation are and roughly how long each one is? 

(I hope they feed you chocolate there too!)

I've been wondering where you went, marigold! This brings me much joy, I will continue praying for you and the community you have decided to discern with ;)

Deo Gratias!