An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dsmmes On Game Show Network's Bible Challenge 3/21 For $

Chiara Francesco

PhuturePriest

Yes, priests, brothers, AND sisters. Now,

tumblr_mamam7Dkrg1rrc78e.gif

Grumpy-Cat-Says-No.jpg

I'm sorry, but you ran into that one at a million miles an hour.

YOU.

TUBE.

LINK.

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, people! Some of us don't have tvs!!!!!!!!!

Strictlyinkblot

YOU.

TUBE.

LINK.

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, people! Some of us don't have tvs!!!!!!!!!

And some of us don't live in America........ yet

DiscerningCatholic

Seeing as how they're Dominican, they're probably pretty sharp. Perhaps not as sharp as Dominican Priests would be (They have to go through eight years of seminary, after all), but definitely smarter than me. If there were Jesuit Priests on the show, there would be no competition. Those guys go through sixteen years of college, for goodness' sake.

FP, as soon as you can stop putting women down and saying that men are above us, I might be able to respect you more. I'm not a ranting, raving feminist, but I get tired of you saying that the men are better because x, x, and x. The Sisters go through eight years of formation, after all. I'm not dissing the Dominican friars, either, but I can guarantee that they wouldn't agree that they're sharper than the sisters, even if they are.

On a random note, there are apparently going to be some Jewish Rabbis on next week. They'll probably be able to grill everyone on the Old Testament, but maybe not the New Testament... :|

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

PhuturePriest

FP, as soon as you can stop putting women down and saying that men are above us, I might be able to respect you more. I'm not a ranting, raving feminist, but I get tired of you saying that the men are better because x, x, and x. The Sisters go through eight years of formation, after all. I'm not dissing the Dominican friars, either, but I can guarantee that they wouldn't agree that they're sharper than the sisters, even if they are.

On a random note, there are apparently going to be some Jewish Rabbis on next week. They'll probably be able to grill everyone on the Old Testament, but maybe not the New Testament... :|

I'm not putting down women in any way. I guarantee you each of those Sisters can school me quite easily on theology (Especially since I'm pretty sure they run a school -- Puns for the win!). I was watching The Bible, and I was amazed that King David was the David in David and Goliath. I never knew that before then. I'm not putting them down in any way. Dominicans study their entire lives and are very smart. But traditionally, the Friars were the preachers and the Nuns were cloistered and prayed. I know pretty much zero stuff about Dominican Nuns (I can't say I was ever interested in them) so I'm sorry if I offended you and was wrong in some way.

PhuturePriest

Pay close attention to these words:

Perhaps not as sharp as Dominican Priests would be

'Perhaps' definition - Maybe, a chance, not certain, but possible. I never said they weren't as smart, I said they might not be since I have no clue how much Dominican Nuns study. I can't say I was ever interested in learning how much they studied each day.

I'm not putting down women in any way. I guarantee you each of those Sisters can school me quite easily on theology (Especially since I'm pretty sure they run a school -- Puns for the win!). I was watching The Bible, and I was amazed that King David was the David in David and Goliath. I never knew that before then. I'm not putting them down in any way. Dominicans study their entire lives and are very smart. But traditionally, the Friars were the preachers and the Nuns were cloistered and prayed. I know pretty much zero stuff about Dominican Nuns (I can't say I was ever interested in them) so I'm sorry if I offended you and was wrong in some way.

Just because nuns are cloistered doesn't mean they don't study just as much as friars or priests do. They go through years of study and I can tell you the lessons in the cloister are pretty heavy. 

PhuturePriest

Just because nuns are cloistered doesn't mean they don't study just as much as friars or priests do. They go through years of study and I can tell you the lessons in the cloister are pretty heavy. 

That's wonderful. I never knew that.

That's wonderful. I never knew that.

Next time if you don't know about something, don't try pretend like you do and offend a whole bunch of people. 

DiscerningCatholic

Pay close attention to these words:

'Perhaps' definition - Maybe, a chance, not certain, but possible. I never said they weren't as smart, I said they might not be since I have no clue how much Dominican Nuns study. I can't say I was ever interested in learning how much they studied each day.

Okay. I'll cut you some slack on that.

That being said, it was still an unnecessary and a somewhat derogatory  assumption. If you don't know how much Dominican sisters study, don't make non-based, uneducated claims. You'll look silly.