An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vs Has Been Taken Over By Dominicans

mysisterisalittlesister

DiscerningCatholic

Franciscans are still better.

:stubborn: 

:P

DiscerningCatholic

Poverty's way cooler that 20,000 bucks ;)

Well technically, they have to give about half of that to the government...so it's more like 10,000 bucks. 

Buildings don't just magically appear, ya know... :P

PhuturePriest

Religious poverty is not a competition. A Franciscan poverty and a Dominican poverty and a Benedictine poverty and so on are not the same. But that does not make one or the other better or lesser. 

I wasn't competing. I was clarifying.

For me any competition between Carmelites Dominicans etc is always in pure jest.  All faithful Orders/Communities have their beauty and their particular charism, yet we are all on the same Catholic team and brothers and sisters in Christ.  Its hard for me to resist a little, or a lot, of loving sibling rivalry though!

mysisterisalittlesister

For me any competition between Carmelites Dominicans etc is always in pure jest.  All faithful Orders/Communities have their beauty and their particular charism, yet we are all on the same Catholic team and brothers and sisters in Christ.  Its hard for me to resist a little, or a lot, of loving sibling rivalry though!

PROOOOPS :woot:

It certainly has been very biased to Carmel in the past.  But that didn't bother me!  And doesn't Carmel have more saints then any other order so it must be the best. 

dominicansoul

nah, its just that Carmelites have more time to sponsor the "saint-making" processes that go on with the Vatican.... Dominicans have no such time as that...so, we settle for "blesseds"  :lol:

Dominicans apparently have no time to pray the rosary either and so it ends up like hailmaryfullofgracethelordiswiththeeblessedartthouamongwomenandblessedisthefruitoftheywombJesusholymarymotherofGodprayforussinnersnowandatthehourofourdeathamen.

• 2 weeks later...
FutureSister2009

As I've said before, I think both the Dominicans and Franciscans are amazing in their own ways. They are both working for the greater glory of God. I am trying to figure out which I am called to be.

OnlySunshine

Benedictines are cool but I don't feel attracted to their spirituality.  I love the Franciscans.  :)