An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hopefulbride's Countdown To Entrance Into Postulancy

HopefulBride

Many prayers for you ..........I'm sure that you will overcome the problems you are encountering at present time.     :nun3:  :nun3:  :nun3:

HopefulBride

Thanks for the prayers you guys! 37 days.

Oh and I know what you mean by wonderful things Marigold. I might be able to pick up some weekend hours at the retreat center. I will be speaking with the office manager today. Keep your fingers crossed please.

Some sad news. My baby brother and his wife lost their baby at 22 weeks. He is having a hard time with it (understandably). Please keep them in your prayers. This was their first child (a little girl)

Guest Allie

O HB.  You and your family are so in my prayers.  I had this thought during prayer the other day.  Maybe all the hard stuff we go through to get to the novitiate will one day help us when it's hard to stay.  I'm told that time comes for every Sister.  :pray:

edited for spelling :spike:

Edited by Allie

HopefulBride

So I sent some flowers to my brother and sister in law. Sacha (baby's name) was alive for a couple of hours.

Please continue to pray for them. Especially my sister in law.

HopefulBride

35 days until postulancy. Time seems to be flying, I still have some minor preparations that I need to do.

It's weird that I live in the convent already but still need to make preparations for postulancy entrance.

inperpetuity

HB, I can't think of a better place to be to prepare for entrance.  Our Lord is certainly taking good care of you.  Prayers for you and your brother and sister in law.

Edited by inperpetuity

Guest Allie

35 days until postulancy. Time seems to be flying, I still have some minor preparations that I need to do.

It's weird that I live in the convent already but still need to make preparations for postulancy entrance.

Praying for you each and every day.

HopefulBride

Thanks for the prayers.

I had sent some flowers to my sister in law and my brother and she just texted that they received them today.

I cannot begin to imagine the hurt they feel. Especially given the fact that the baby lives for a few hours and they held her.

Please keep them in your prayers.

My condolences on the loss of your infant niece. I lost my son at 26.5 weeks as well. He lived for 8 hours..his lungs were not developed enough. I would like to suggest a wonderful website- www.mollybears.com It is a non-profit organization that creates weighted teddy bears to be given free of charge to families who have lost a baby.They are made here ( Washington state) by a family located on Whidbey Island. they are on Facebook as well. So where do you get fitted for your jumper at? Are you here in Washington now?

HopefulBride

My condolences on the loss of your infant niece. I lost my son at 26.5 weeks as well. He lived for 8 hours..his lungs were not developed enough. I would like to suggest a wonderful website- www.mollybears.com It is a non-profit organization that creates weighted teddy bears to be given free of charge to families who have lost a baby.They are made here ( Washington state) by a family located on Whidbey Island. they are on Facebook as well. So where do you get fitted for your jumper at? Are you here in Washington now?

I wi mention it to them at a later time but to tell you the truth I think they won't be ready for that in a little while yet.

I am in Spokane now and have been since October. I am getting fitted at home (in the convent) and hopefully my second jumper will be ready by next week.

Of course! I was suggesting that for in the future. Im very happy for you! Sounds like you have been busy!

HopefulBride

It has been a bit busy and I spoke to the retreat center Office Manager and it looks like I will be able to pick up about 10 hours a weekend. I am very excited.

Today is SrMC's feast day (Our Lady of good counsel) please keep her in your prayers.

Maximilianus

Did you realize that you are entering almost 2 years to the day Navo entered... it must be a PCPC thing

HopefulBride

Did you realize that you are entering almost 2 years to the day Navo entered... it must be a PCPC thing

No I didn't. When did he enter? I knew it was sometime in May. No?