An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anybody Here Entering Soon?

ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

I know some people entering a community in August! Are any of us entering anywhere within this year?

Pax. :)

Strictlyinkblot

I'm hoping to enter next October 1st but realistically I think I'll have to wait another year. I'll know more in May.

I keep telling myself every year that this is the year I'm gonna enter :) haha it hasn't happened obviously but I can dream...

OnlySunshine

Since I am discerning Consecrated Virginity now and not religious life, my discernment is a little different.  I would like to start the process now but, realistically, I probably won't be able to until I graduate and have a job.  I have to be able to support myself before the Bishop will approve it.  I do plan, however, to start meeting with either the Sisters or my pastor to get spiritual direction so that I am "officially" discerning and that they will have a record of my discernment.  :)

Pax_et bonum

We were aiming for september for my entrance (I haven't been accepted yet though), but some issues are coming up medically in addition to parental objection. So I'm not sure what's going to happen.

HopefulBride

I enter postulancy in 65 days!!!

Kateri I know what you meant. I was telling myself that for over two years. Now that it is around the corner I just don't know what to do with myself.

HopefulBride

I guess technically I have entered already. This is just the next phase that I am getting ready for.

DiscerningCatholic

I know some people entering a community in August! Are any of us entering anywhere within this year?

Pax. :)

Which community?? 

No, not this year...maybe next year, though. :)

ToJesusMyHeart

Which community?? 

No, not this year...maybe next year, though. :)

Nashville.  :like:

Not soon enough unfortunately

You and me both.  Sigh.   Which is actually alright with me.  Go figure.