An Old School Catholic Message Board

Adorers Of The Sacred Heart Of Montmartre / Tyburn Nuns

Lil'Nun

John Paul are you having trouble figuring out the reply/quote system? Let us know if you want a hand...

orapronobis

I've known the Tyburn Nuns for the last 6 years now. They are very loving and kind, though they can be a bit austere and very traditional. They do let women stay on retreat where they can also do 24 hour adoration. There are night vigils too. 

It is true to say that they don't like walking around in the night. It can be disruptive to the silence, so if someone were locked in their room, that might have been thought to be for their own good (not that I necessarily support it though). I was not allowed to go home so late at night and Mother asked me to stay overnight after a day on retreat and then requested I spend more time in silence. At the time I thought it was a bit much, but then realised later on that I really did need it. I am not with their congregation, in fact, I am with a different one. Anyhow, just depends on how you know the sisters I guess. 

Love and prayer,

Kim-Therese x

​I have always been struck by the beauty of their life as it is described in various places on the internet. When I went on a school trip to London last year, I managed to convince a friend to come with me to pray in the chapel. She is a complete atheist but even she was struck by the "power of prayer" that seems to flow in that place :)

John Paul are you having trouble figuring out the reply/quote system? Let us know if you want a hand...

​I am good I figured it out

This is what I tried to say:

One of you called the mother general a control freak and I don't think you should say that because she thinks what she is doing is the will of God.(It may or may not be).