An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nun Dolls

nikita92

FutureSister2009

They've been mentioned on here before. I love them all and I wish I could have them all!

Guest Allie

I'm ordering a Poor Clare Doll.  I plan to leave it with a note for my folks on the day I enter,  It's today's Act of Faith. :nun:

Strictlyinkblot

Hmmm, I don't know whether to order a Carmelite doll to match my other Crafty nuns, a Dominican doll, or a Sister of Life doll. Or a pink nun doll. Probably a pink nun doll. I have issues

Oh..I didn't know they were mentioned before. :/ The Blessings dolls are so expensive...I'd loved to get a Poor Clare doll to send to the sister I send small donations to every now and then. I don't know if they would let them have some thing like this though....

Guest Allie

Oh..I didn't know they were mentioned before. :/ The Blessings dolls are so expensive...I'd loved to get a Poor Clare doll to send to the sister I send small donations to every now and then. I don't know if they would let them have some thing like this though....

I have to special order the Poor Clare Doll and provide descriptions of each part of the habit and a picture.  It definitely is not on sale  ($75.00).  Maybe after she has the pattern it will be available on the site.

Chiquitunga

the old thread on this - http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/111900-saintly-sisters-nun-dolls/  linking it as it has some interesting info/links :like: I like nun dolls! especially if they inspire vocations. I agree with the comment there about not liking the baby faces on these dolls though.. but maybe they are the most affordable for the Saintly Sisters co.  

Here's a picture I took at the PCCs in Minooka, IL. They had a very beautiful PCC porcelain (I believe it was) doll for sale in their little shop. Wish I got a closer picture. I forget the price, but I don't think it was that high. The habit was very authentic of course, made by PCCs themselves. I feel like I want to buy it if/when I go down there again for Mass. I bet they keep making them. The Rockford PCCs (who founded them) made one like this too - http://www.rockfordpoorclares.org/page-8.html I have seen this set, it is cute!

yjyw7.jpg

Of course this is not so good for kids, whom the Saintly Sisters Dolls are especially made for. But yeah .. she's beautiful :heart:

Speaking of though, the Discalced Carmelite Nuns in Iron Mountain, MI make Carmelite nun dolls that would be good for kids..

72g4lj.jpg

picture from the video on their life  .. yes, I have too much time on my hands tonight!! better get to sleep :smile3:

Kathleen777

Before email and even photographs that were taken by people other than professional photographers, Sisters had to make small copies of their habits to send to other houses in their communities if there were changes made. They mailed these small outfits to their Sisters or Superiors for approvals to the changes. 

How do you manage to find the old threads? I can't search anymore. :cry:

Use Google:

site:phatmass.com/phorum yoursearchterms

Totally Franciscan

Unfortunately the Blessings doll company is out of business, but I have kept a catalog of theirs.  I just can't seem to throw it away!  The Blessings dolls are much taller than the Sisters dolls and are actually meant to be a collector's item, not for children to play with.  Their habits are amazingly accurate, something the Sister's dolls cannot accomplish due to their small size, but as someone said, you can never have too many nun dolls - of any size. 

I too was put off by the Sister's cupie doll face, but then it was made for different reasons than the Blessings dolls.