An Old School Catholic Message Board

Novena For Barbara Therese

Guest Allie

BarbTherese

Thank you very much, Allie - and also maximillion and Mary's Margaret for your prayers.  And thank you too, for the prayer to St Peregrine, Allie.  I am entirely humbled and overwelmingly grateful - very much so.

I will keep this thread in the loop and I wont know any more, I don't think, until Monday.  I am having a chest XRay and also Tumour Marker Test done this afternoon (Friday 26th April 2013, Feast of St Mark, Evangalist).  Monday coming 29th April 2013 - gynaecologist apptointment at 9.40 am.

Dei voluntas fiat

St_Peregrine_holy_card.jpg

BarbTherese

Thank you very much, Allie - and also maximillion and Mary's Margaret for your prayers.  And thank you too, for the prayer to St Peregrine, Allie.  I am entirely humbled and overwelmingly grateful - very much so.

I will keep this thread in the loop and I wont know any more, I don't think, until Monday.  I am having a chest XRay and also Tumour Marker Test done this afternoon (Friday 26th April 2013, Feast of St Mark, Evangalist).  Monday coming 29th April 2013 - gynaecologist apptointment at 9.40 am.

Dei voluntas fiat

Edited by BarbaraTherese

BarbTherese

Thank you v-ery m-uch (dUSt behave yourself!) Anne Line, very much indeed.

Yeah Phatmass crashed on me a couple of times last night.  7.41am here in Sth Aust Fri 26th April 2013.

An Act of Abandonment to Divine Providence

0 sovereign goodness of the sovereign Providence of my God!
I abandon myself forever to Your arms.
Whether gentle or severe,
lead me henceforth wherever You wilt;
I will not regard the way through which You wilt have me pass

With Your Grace
but keep my eyes fixed upon You,
my God, who guidest me.
My soul finds no rest without You
In your Loving Divine Providince
You my friend, confident and rampart

You are my strength and my only desire

In all things

Therefore I resolve with Your Divine assistance, Your Grace
0 my Saviour,
to follow Your desires and Your ordinances,
without regarding or examining why You do this rather than that;
but I will blindly follow You
according to Your Divine will,
without seeking my own inclinations.

I know I shall falter and fail along life's road

Have Mercy on me, Father

Thus reveal to the world the full extent of Your Mercy

For misery such as mine can only be overcome by Loving Mercy such as Yours

Hence I am determined to leave all to You,
taking no part therein save by keeping myself in peace in Your arms,
desiring nothing except as that which Your Will asks me to desire,
to will, to wish.
I offer You this desire, 0 my God,
beseeching You to bless it;
I undertake all it includes,
relying on Your goodness,
liberality, and on your Loving Mercy
with absolute and total, entire confidence in You,

Only You alone - and
distrust of myself and my many weaknesses
and knowledge of my human nature and my poverty before You

I acknowledge that you loved me from my birth

You loved me throughout my life

You love me despite my many failings

Confounding all my human experience

Father Son and Holy Spirit, One God, I praise and I adore You

Amen!

Based on Prayer of Saint Jane Frances De Chantal

Edited by BarbaraTherese

BT- you are in my thoughts and prayers as well!! Please know that we are here for you! You are NOT alone! ;)

BarbTherese

Thank you very much, Nikita, for your loving words and your prayer.  There is great warmth and affection, friendships, on this Phatmass Vocation Station - it is very much a family of loving brother and sisters.  We have differences now and then - but what family does not.  Be that as it may, we are really a forgiving and forgetting family and this is a great Grace and a gift of consolation to us all. "Where two or more are gathered in My Name, there I am in the midst of them"

I saw my doctor yesterday and also had a chest XRay and Tumour Marker Test.  The chest XRay shows that my heart does not show any abnormalities, nor my lungs.  So to date the news is good, Dei voluntas fiat, and my gynocologist should be able to fill me in more tomorrow morning with Tumour Marker Test resutls to hand.  Liver and speen, chest and lungs look ok from the outside looking in.  My doctor has told that we will not know the actual situation until I have surgery and a full hysterectomy.  I see the gyno tomorrow when he will have the results of the Tumour Marker Test as well  HERE FOR INFO a date for admission to hospital.

I will be keeping this thread updated. I am going to Confession tonight and Father will also anoint me (things re my health seem to be moving along very quickly indeed). Father Kym will also bless some items I have and once I am back on deck, bless Bethany, my residence.  Jesus has showered me with so many blessings and consolations.  We had no parish priest for a year. Then His Grace appointed Father Kym about 2 months back.  I have been looking for a priest I can go to Confession to regularly and one who will accept my private vows and also my suffering Bipolar Disorder (I have had some nasty experiences in Confession to strange priests).  Father Kym says Mass beautifully and his homilies are excellent.  I was amazed to hear that he has the most beautiful singing voice - after the style of our monks singing.  Beautiful voice!  He just does not at all that look such a beautiful voice is one of his gifts (so much for appearances!).  I was amazed !!!  After Mass outside, he is the most laid back Aussie type of male and priest one could come across, so easy to talk to about anything and with a delightful sense of the funny and ridiculous and is very quick on the 'uptake' (quick to be aware of an opening for a witty and wise 'crack' (comment).  I decided "Here is a man and a priest with whom I can talk!"  Also his homilies reveal that he is very loyal to The Church and Her teaching without being a stickler for rules and regulations unless absolutely necessary - and hence after my own heart.

Last Saturday, His Grace officially installed him as our pp and I had my photo taken with His Grace.  In much charity, His Grace did not ask my name - and I never told him :smile4:  Some parishioners were having their photos taken with His Grace and I lined up too.  "If he asks my name" I thought "then it is over to You Lord!"

I am still very much at Peace and in Joy - trust, confidence and much laughter at myself primarily.  God has gifted me with two neighbours who have a wicked sense of the funny too.  I love wicked down to hearth humour, but Phatmass not the place for some Aussie wicked humour! :oops:  My doctor said that my disposition in the situation is very unusual and asked me what my coping mechanisms are.  I told her that they are Faith and laughter. "Then keep it up" she said.  And The Lord has never deserted me to date, no reason to think He ever will in the future.  Oh, He has hidden now and then - but then dark and naked Faith that leans on nothing but what The Church and thus what Scripture teacfhes has carried me through - along with laughter!   AT times I was not at all conscious of Faith - in fact thought that I was loosing it! :dead:......at times terrified because I thought it had gone completely and everything in my life to date re Faith simply a mad delusion of a Bipolar sufferer.  I know for an absolute fact that Jesus has an amazing sense of the funny along with the ridiculous, completely stupid and totally absurd, in life.

I have a saying for myself "Keep working on it, kid, until you start to laugh".  And so either out loud or in my heart (I live alone) I look at the situation in hand and keep reflecting on it until something stupid, funny and totally ridiculous occurs and I start to laugh.  We do know scientifically that smiling and especially laughter produces positive reactions and endorphins in the brain  http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199607/happily-ever-laughter

Thank anyone praying for me ( and so many are including my Carmelite pals in religious life) once again - it really does move the emotions to much gratitude and humility and two powerful and very basic and vital virtues.

I have told my family "Listen you lot, I plan to absolutely squeeze dry every bit of attention I can demand!"  Yesterday, after the doctor and tests, my brother took me to a very fancy  (and expensive) restaurant for lunch.  He replied to me "Beware of crying wolf, Barb"  So I replied "How many times can I cry wolf before the cruch".  "Once!" he replied "That aint fair" says me.  "You're my big sister and should know me by now"

I am overwhelmingly blest including by being a contributor on Phatmass.  I have laughed, stamped my foo behind the scenest, had a tantrum behind the scenes, I have cried and I have grown and I have learnt much about myself, others and Faith.  I have made some wonderful and holy friends.  Most of all I have been supported and would be totally lost I am sure without Phatmass.  Catholic Answers Forums not so much (banned for life years ago).  After a year or so I sneakily re-registered with a covert user name (TiggerS). Last night I signed my name to a post BarbaraTherese - this morning the  'Board has let me know in a covert manner - ' better watch yourself, BT, we are watching you '  But it seems they have let me in.   I couldn't login no matter what I tried this morning until the final attempt at which point I was told I had my password incorrect????? They sent me a new password and I am back in just fine.............as TiggerS (BT)  Hey CAF out there somewhere, I promise to be behave myself  :giveup:  I got banned for life for telling the administrator and moderator off (justified in my book)....................however and but - in some truly ripe and appalling Aussie lingo.  I deserved to be banned for life, frankly.

BarbTherese

I try very very hard to not upset that dUSt bod cropping up outta nowhere when least expected - very heavy dude methinks and I always did have problems with authority figuresth_AfraidScared01.gif

behave.gif

BarbTherese

Final comment.  Spoke with my pschiatrist yesterday and she has assured me I am still sane and on planet earth.  I have her pager number and she has asked me to keep her fully informed re my physical health journey and at every stage - to stay in close contact with her and to phone her any time I like and most daily.   I am blest no matter which way I turn! Deo Gratius! I have very early warning signs that only I can pick up and the next stage my psych can pick them up too.  The final stage the whole world could not miss but wish that they had. My brand of Bipolar will react to any sort of stress, small or extreme, and Bipolar does not care which - any excuse will do to bring on an episode.  But then I can sail through minor and major stress as sane and on planet earth as such as I can be.  I have emergency medication on hand and my psych has told me what to take and when if necessary and to phone her.

What a surgeon and/or hospital is not going to need one iota is me needing surgery and off my cotton pickin noodle in a Bipolar episode :brutebeast:

Edited by BarbaraTherese