An Old School Catholic Message Board

Novena For Barbara Therese

Guest Allie

BarbTherese

Thank you, cm - and you once again, Allie.  5am here on Tuesday 7th May - woke early and don't feel like going back to sleep, but had five hours so that is not too bad - although I usually like my 8 hrs.  On the laptop again just to pass some time.  All packed and ready to go!  Thought I was going to have a full on panic attack last night and prayed with that ardour that I just wish I could access at all times at prayer time. Panic passed, thank goodness before reaching full on panic.  Calm and at Peace, quite serene again this morning - some butterflies but this is normal.  This is one of those times when living alone can weigh heavy, when someone else to talk to about ordinary every day things would be a support ............ and so :idea2:

I burden Phatmass. 

Luke Ch11

" And which of you, if he ask his father bread, will he give him a stone? or a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? [12] Or if he shall ask an egg, will he reach him a scorpion? [13] If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father from heaven give the good Spirit to them that ask him?"

It is never ever ever that our prayers including those of petition are not heard nor answered, it is just that we think we have asked for the best and know what is best - but not necessarily so - and can forget what it is REALLY all about is a walk with Jesus on the journey and the only way to a happy and fulfilling, contended life ................. which can persevere even in the midst of some road humps, perhaps a mountain or a hill............and our fallible, faulted and weak humanity.  What a God have we!

Thank you once again for the prayer.  Prayer often is the most humble silent worker and always efficacious before The One who always hears prayer and immediately responds,

1st Corinthians Ch2 P: "eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for them that love him."

But again, I am up on ye olde pulpit and raving on and preaching to the converted and nothing new.  Off to adoration, praise and thanksgiving.

Bringing you to the Liturgy of the Hours tonight... so the whole Church is praying for you....

AccountDeleted

But again, I am up on ye olde pulpit and raving on and preaching to the converted and nothing new.  Off to adoration, praise and thanksgiving.

Sometimes it isn't that we are preaching so much to others, as to ourselves. We often say the things that we ourselves need to hear. Listen to yourself! :)

Prayers.

Hna.Caridad

Dear BarbaraTherese,

I imagine that you´re probably recuperating from surgery--maybe you´re even still in the hospital.  I don´t get on Phatmass very often & since I happened to be on tonight, I wanted to drop in & let you know that you are in my prayers.  Hang in there...

BarbTherese

Thank you so much all for your prayers - they are fruitful.  Home from hospital about 2 hrs ago I think - with a jolly colostomy bag fitted for 10 days and then back to hospital to do more residual urine tests hoping that my bladder will readjust and learn to behave.  I am not even on major painkillers any more, rather Panadol if I get uncomfortable, which to date I am not, other than this jolly thing strapped to my leg.  I wont say any more.  At least I am laughing again.

The surgery scar is from just below my ribs midline down to the pubic bone (around 30cm I think, but not at all Gospel) and not from my abdomen 'button' to the p.bone as the surgeon anticipated.  But he was a very nice guy and joked after surgery that he had to cut more to get the jolly thing out.  At this point, he has told me humanly speaking only and looking on it does not look cancerous, but to not be confident until Wednesday when he phones me with the results of the mass going under the microscope.  And then we take it from there if anything proves necessary.

Hopefully I will be able to have the colostomy bag removed completely - but if not then bring it on.  If all I have to be concerned about from hereon in is a c.b. fitted permanently, then I am far far far better position than so many more are and rigjht at this moment.

I was in a great ward with some lovely fellow patients and we went for walks together a couple of times and today down to the kiosk.  We exchanged telephone numbers and plan to stay in touch.

Nunsense, I had to laugh at your comment and how very true it is!  I don't know how often I have written post in response and thought to myself "mmmmm..........interesting..........so now read carefully what you've written and internalize"

But hey, it sure feels great to be back on PHatmass and we are indeed a phamily.  Lots a funny stories being me, about my own prayer through this.  After arriving home, went outside under the pergola with a glass of water to settle down and have some fresh air for a while.  Finally, I looks up towards the sky says "Well this is fine time, Mate, to decide to take a holiday from me"   :blues:

Thank you so much to Allie, AnneLine, Totally Franciscan, Mary's Margaret, God's Beloved, Nunsense and HNA Caridad for your prayers.  Very much so.  And if I have missed anyone out, I apologize.

Hey dUSt, if yer around the place.  This is a very important and invaluable mission and apostolate with which you have been entrusted.  Congratulations on the effective and very funny at times manner in which you fulfil it.  Never doubt all that, mate! - and I know, you really DID need to hear that from me, but there you go, I said it anyway! :soccer:

Mary's Margaret

So good to have you back, BarbaraTherese! Praise God.

I do so love your spirit! Praying for Wednesday's results, that "cb" is a short-term visitor, and for a long, healthy, joy-filled future.