An Old School Catholic Message Board

Inappropriate Posts On Phatmass

dUSt

Lilllabettt

I knew if I lurked long enough I would find a post that required my response. Lucky you. :)

Based on my experience here over several years, having a larger moderating team does little to avert drama. It just adds additional layers to it.

No matter what you do, someone will think it's the wrong thing to do and be quick to tell you about it in less-than-flattering terms.

IT'S YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hi.

Can this just END? We've already stated the intentions of the threads. Case closed. Done. Shhhh.

I don't appreciate the term "prude police". I am just a dude trying to be holy and failing often. I'm also a father that struggles heavily trying to raise kids with morals. If phatmass isn't a place that I'd feel comfortable allowing my 15 year old daughter visit, then there is no point in keeping this website active. Phatmass has always been open to different views, and I despise over moderation--but that was back when the well grounded, moral, Catholic voice FAR outweighed any other voice. If this is no longer the case, it is not something I will tolerate, and will be forced to clean house.

I am not "holier than thou", but I am a guy who strives for perfection--as we all should--despite failing more often than not. When we become complacent with something other than perfection, we become lukewarm.

Maybe I'm out of line here, but...

I think the forum needs more moderators. 

I don't think we need more moderators, just less members that cause problems.

I don't think we need more moderators, just less members that cause problems.

it was ds, I saw her.

Nihil Obstat

oh and dust, this font makes my name look like veeB :blink:

STOP CAUSING PROBLEMS, WOMAN.

dominicansoul

I don't appreciate the term "prude police". I am just a dude trying to be holy and failing often. I'm also a father that struggles heavily trying to raise kids with morals. If phatmass isn't a place that I'd feel comfortable allowing my 15 year old daughter visit, then there is no point in keeping this website active. Phatmass has always been open to different views, and I despise over moderation--but that was back when the well grounded, moral, Catholic voice FAR outweighed any other voice. If this is no longer the case, it is not something I will tolerate, and will be forced to clean house.

I am not "holier than thou", but I am a guy who strives for perfection--as we all should--despite failing more often than not. When we become complacent with something other than perfection, we become lukewarm.

If I could give this a bajillion props, I would...

franciscanheart

I want to be clear I wasn't referring to you by that comment. I was referring instead to people who took my comment out of context and tried to spin it into something lewd and scandalous. The meaning certain members tried to inject simply wasn't there. You are doing an excellent job (as you always have). As you know, I agree with the limitations you've put in place. I simply do not appreciate my words being twisted into something they were not -- especially when I didn't bring it to the phorums in the first place.

MarysLittleFlower

I have no idea what the thread was about, but I like your post. I don't think it's good to call people "prudes" if they feel uncomfortable with sexual jokes etc. This should be a place that's safe for younger members. I also agree about striving for greater holiness, and encouraging one another towards that. It's really sad if someone tries to help others to greater holiness but gets labelled a "prude".

I should probably apologize for posts in a thread towards the beginning of this week. Mea culpa.