An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women In Habits 2

Mary's Child

Julie de Sales

It is so wonderful to see all these women in habits! Regarding the habits from pre-Vatican II, I think that they are also beautiful; they are distinctive and some look like they were quite uncomfortable. I wonder if this was a form of penance? What holy women to do penance all the day long!

One picture made me sad though because there was a nun who was mentioned who began wearing a traditional habit and then the modern picture of her, she was showing some hair and was wearing a waistcoat with a shorter skirt :( Gosh, her old habit was so elegant (I assume this was a decision the order took and was not her personal decision). It's like that article said (http://olamshrine.com/2013/07/27/2617/#comment-5429), they look and feel like a queen with the habit on but I just dislike the modern ones so much. 

lol everything about this pic is win, including the habits.

I'm pretty sure I know the Jesuit in that pic and it is most definitely WIN!

graciandelamadrededios

P_Benedictine-Daughters.jpg

No clue what order this is...

The Sister at the center looks like the former Vicaress of Mother Angelica, PCPA

graciandelamadrededios

I recognized her from the many newsletters sent to me by PCPA in Alabama.

What happened to the PCPA in Alabama?

They have one Benedictine Nun as "Pontifical Commissary" and one Poor Clare Colettine Nun - I think her name is Mother Miriam and she might be the Federation President of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Marie Villalovos Smith

The PCPA's are still going strong in Alabama, Mother Angelica is still alive although not active. If you get EWTN where you are you can see them at Benediction on Sundays. 

ToJesusMyHeart

Sr. Margaret Michael of the Daughters of St. Paul visits Aggieland for gameday against SMU. (We won!) 

Here is Sister with Papa Francesco and a friend of mine.

1374179_616846285032600_7915106_n.jpg

1236349_10153323740815602_918889700_n.jp

Sister with my friend.

1236020_10153257921295125_1697501439_n.j

graciandelamadrededios

I understand they are still in Alabama and they have new vocations but:

They have one Benedictine Nun as "Pontifical Commissary" and one Poor Clare Colettine Nun - I think her name is Mother Miriam and she might be the Federation President of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

This part, I am not sure about.  Pontifical Commissary, by definition is the administrator of the monastery or abbey by special appointment of the Holy See.