An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women In Habits 2

Mary's Child

inperpetuity

These sisters are in Draguignan, France and are the "Petites Soeurs de la Consolation du Sacre-Coeur et de la Sainte Face" founded in 1989.  Web site is http://monastere-la-consolation.org.

Their beautiful habit reflects the influence of Charles de Foucauld and their charism is to "console the Sacred Heart and Holy Face of Jesus  with each moment of their lives." They are "missionary nuns" non-cloistered, their Divine Office is chanted in Latin gregorian chant and they have adoration of the Blessed Sacrament every day,individually and as a community.

These bits of info are my own translations of the French on their web site, so I apologize in advance for any inaccuracies.  I am very impressed with them and would like to visit them when next I visit France (May it be soon, please, Lord).

Thank you so much Graciela!  That is more info. than I expected.  I don't know French so I won't notice any inaccuracies, lol.  What a beautiful charism they have. 

Eleven Sisters of the Blessed Virgin Mary with the Nuns of Ryde, Isle of Wight. The Sisters of BVM were nuns in the Church of England before being into the Ordinariate
.both-communities.jpg

Eleven Sisters of the Blessed Virgin Mary with the Nuns of Ryde, Isle of Wight. The Sisters of BVM were nuns in the Church of England before being into the Ordinariate
.both-communities.jpg

They're all so cute!

StayingFaithful

Just saw the deer photo - very disappointing and "no" meat is not a necessity for nutrition (I could say more but not interested in a debate)...I can not believe this was done by any religious.

maximillion

Actually, there are some people who get very ill if they don't eat meat. Okay, they are few and far between, that's why any and all generalisations should be avoided. Meat is available. We choose if we want to eat it or not. 

There was quite a debate following the posting of the pic with the deer.......

If Sisters eat meat I think it is more honest to be prepared to trap/shoot/butcher it yourself than leaving the 'nasty' bits of the process to someone else.

Is is because you object to meat or is it because it was a deer? How would you feel if it were an alligator?

This community have deer on their land. Those deer need to be managed, what better way to fulfil the vow of Poverty? And why would it be any worse that this was 'a Sister' than if it was the local huntsman?

In my community we had total abstinence, but for those Sisters exempted ( for health reasons) we kept rabbits. I found nothing wrong at all in dispatching of them.

ChristinaTherese

Psst... TJMH, don't post too many pictures of the SV. People might think you like them, or something. :P

ToJesusMyHeart

Psst... TJMH, don't post too many pictures of the SV. People might think you like them, or something. :P

Ew, what? No way. 

OnlySunshine

Actually, there are some people who get very ill if they don't eat meat. Okay, they are few and far between, that's why any and all generalisations should be avoided. Meat is available. We choose if we want to eat it or not. 

There was quite a debate following the posting of the pic with the deer.......

If Sisters eat meat I think it is more honest to be prepared to trap/shoot/butcher it yourself than leaving the 'nasty' bits of the process to someone else.

Is is because you object to meat or is it because it was a deer? How would you feel if it were an alligator?

This community have deer on their land. Those deer need to be managed, what better way to fulfil the vow of Poverty? And why would it be any worse that this was 'a Sister' than if it was the local huntsman?

In my community we had total abstinence, but for those Sisters exempted ( for health reasons) we kept rabbits. I found nothing wrong at all in dispatching of them.

I'm one such person.  I tried to be a vegan/vegetarian several years ago and I was left feeling tired and sick all the time.  It turns out, I get pernicious anemia if I don't eat animal products because my body lacks B-12.  Sometimes, I have to supplement with sublingual tablets when I get low.   It runs in my family, apparently, as well as hypothyroidism.  I don't eat red meat very often, but I love chicken and fish.  Venison is one of my favorite lean meats, too.  We use it in place of hamburger when my uncles go hunting and bring back the deer meat in bulk. 

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

• 3 weeks later...
Kayte Postle

101.jpg

Carmelite DCJ swimming (in full habit, wow!) with some of the children from their boys home on a outing.