An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women In Habits 2

Mary's Child

Anneline, it seems from your posts that you know these San Francisco sisters well.  I know they came from Mexico, but I wonder if you know whether or not they speak only Spanish.  I know the Carmelites in San Francisco are both English and Spanish speaking.  Is their liturgy in English?  Sorry to hound you with these questions, but I am interested in learning more about them.  If you have any info on the type of life they lead, I would be grateful.

Totally Franciscan, I've just seen this post... I know some about them, and I can answer your questions, but it will have to be at a later time... I'm heading to bed right now.  BUT I can leave you with this on this community:

Sisters’ vocation to cloistered life takes them to
San Francisco monastery

October 6th, 2010
By Valerie Schmalz

http://www.catholic-sf.org/news_select.php?newsid=27&id=57687

201010063854.singing%20page.jpg

TF, don't hesitate to bump the thread if I forget to post more....   ;)  

Edited by AnneLine

Blessed&Grateful

Who are these sisters

The bottom sisters were identified a while ago (I think) as being from South America (Brazil?)

Their habits make me swoon. So simple yet so elegant.

Who are these sisters

First picture  Servants of the Lord and the Virgin Matara and I think the second is one of Norbertine sisters.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
inperpetuity

943287_10151744769242152_1920073886_n.jp

Does anyone know who these sisters are?  I know they are from France but I don't know their name.

These sisters are in Draguignan, France and are the "Petites Soeurs de la Consolation du Sacre-Coeur et de la Sainte Face" founded in 1989.  Web site is http://monastere-la-consolation.org.

Their beautiful habit reflects the influence of Charles de Foucauld and their charism is to "console the Sacred Heart and Holy Face of Jesus  with each moment of their lives." They are "missionary nuns" non-cloistered, their Divine Office is chanted in Latin gregorian chant and they have adoration of the Blessed Sacrament every day,individually and as a community.

These bits of info are my own translations of the French on their web site, so I apologize in advance for any inaccuracies.  I am very impressed with them and would like to visit them when next I visit France (May it be soon, please, Lord).