An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women In Habits 2

Mary's Child

maximillion

Who are these green habited Sisters? I know we had it posted previously but I forget who they are. I have them on my pinterest boards but can't recall them.

dymphnamaria

Who are these green habited Sisters? I know we had it posted previously but I forget who they are. I have them on my pinterest boards but can't recall them.

The first photo are sisters of Missionaries of Divine Revelation ; the second photo are Polish nuns, I don't know their order.

FInally! Some Dominican Nuns on here! :saint2:

:hehe:

SMC, you are Bad!   But like all Domincans, you speak Truth!

Chiquitunga

Community of St John?

Yes. The Contemplative Sisters are in white veils (simple veil for Novices, full veil for professed) and the Apostolic Sisters are in the grey veils on the left. Same deal for them, the Novices wear simple grey veils and the professed the full veil with wimple/toque. 

I'm not sure.. but I don't know if there is something specifically called postulancy for the Community of St. John. The first year is the School of Life wear you wear a navy blue hoodie with your secular clothes. The Sisters of Bethlehem do the same, although... I think they do have a postulancy stage after that before beginning the novitiate, but not sure about St. John.

TheresaThoma

Yes. The Contemplative Sisters are in white veils (simple veil for Novices, full veil for professed) and the Apostolic Sisters are in the grey veils on the left. Same deal for them, the Novices wear simple grey veils and the professed the full veil with wimple/toque. 

I'm not sure.. but I don't know if there is something specifically called postulancy for the Community of St. John. The first year is the School of Life wear you wear a navy blue hoodie with your secular clothes. The Sisters of Bethlehem do the same, although... I think they do have a postulancy stage after that before beginning the novitiate, but not sure about St. John.

From what I have found out there are kind of two "stages" in the postulancy for the Community of St John. I forget the name of the "hoodie thing" but I believe it is also grey instead of navy blue. I think you can see a postulant on the left there.

Chiquitunga

From what I have found out there are kind of two "stages" in the postulancy for the Community of St John. I forget the name of the "hoodie thing" but I believe it is also grey instead of navy blue. I think you can see a postulant on the left there.

The "hoodie" stage :proud: is called School of Life. It lasts one year I'm pretty sure. I think maybe the hoodie is grey for the School of Life with the Apostolic Sisters (on the left there) and navy blue with the Contemplative Sisters. I think you can see one of the navy blue hoodies there on the top right. This is what they wore when I saw them the few times I've visited the Contemplative Sisters in Princeville, IL but I could be remembering wrong. I do remember it was dark though, although not black.