An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where In The World Is Allie?

Gabriela

Marie V-S and Max, that is what she had on her Phatmass About Me status as well.   But the last time she checked into Phatmass was the day before she went to the Monastery.  So.... more likely than not, that is not recent info, unless those of you who are Facebook users can tell if she has been on there more recently than early June.

I still think we shouldn't leap to any conclusions.  If Curiousing has her number and feels comfortable checking calling this weekend, that would be wonderful.  Most likely she either extended her stay and didn't realize she would scare anyone, or has been asked to cut back and/or stop social media and she didn't realize how unnerving it can be for others to not know what is happening.

But, as I noted before, I think it is a big wake-up call to all those who are pursuing vocations to be sure to let others know what is going on so no one gets worried.   Holding her -- and all of us! -- in my prayers.

Her SD did ask her to start reducing her internet use. But she hasn't answered email, so... Yeah, I'll check this weekend.

I have not been able to reach Allie. When I call, I get voicemail with no name left in the automated message. I left a message—no reply. I emailed Mother Abbess... very gently. Hope she writes back...

Mother Abbess has said that Allie never arrived at the monastery. They have been very worried. They can't reach her either. I have contacted another monastery that Allie once said her family knows well. I'll keep you up to date.

Spem in alium

Mother Abbess has said that Allie never arrived at the monastery. They have been very worried. They can't reach her either. I have contacted another monastery that Allie once said her family knows well. I'll keep you up to date.

Oh my goodness. Will be praying harder today. I hope she is safe.

Mary's Margaret

Prayers for Allie's safety and that she'll be heard from soon.  Thank you, Curiousing, for keeping us informed..  

Totally Franciscan

This is worse than I could have imagined.  Dear God, please take care of Allie!

This is not good at all.   Curiousing, thank you for following through on this... even though it is kind of our worst nightmare scenario. 

That's a good idea about contacting the monastery that knows her family. 

And we will pray.... very hard.

I contacted the monastery and sister replied immediately. She says she knows nothing of it. The email was rather curt, so I don't know if that means that she doesn't know the family at all or if she simply isn't inclined to give further info.

Mother Abbess (of the Poor Clares) has said that several of the sisters feel suspicious. They had never seen Allie in person. Has anyone? I haven't. I don't know what's going on here, but circumstances are certainly very odd. I suppose that, at this point, all we can do is pray that no one has come to any harm.

I've done all I can think to do. I'm sorry I don't have an answer. :-(

Kayte Postle

Oh no. I was looking through the threads, and she posted from the airport/plane on the way there. Many prayers for her. Bless you Curiousing for doing your best to find out if she's ok.

OnlySunshine

I contacted the monastery and sister replied immediately. She says she knows nothing of it. The email was rather curt, so I don't know if that means that she doesn't know the family at all or if she simply isn't inclined to give further info.

Mother Abbess (of the Poor Clares) has said that several of the sisters feel suspicious. They had never seen Allie in person. Has anyone? I haven't. I don't know what's going on here, but circumstances are certainly very odd. I suppose that, at this point, all we can do is pray that no one has come to any harm.

I've done all I can think to do. I'm sorry I don't have an answer. :-(

Yikes, I hope she's not sick in a hospital somewhere!  :unsure:

At some point, yes all we can do is pray.

I do wonder, however, if perhaps we should post a comment in the Open Mic -- not everyone comes into VS out there, and perhaps someone has some info we don't have...?

But yes, prayers....  and having been through this a few years back, it really is a creepy thing, isn't it?