An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where In The World Is Allie?

Gabriela

We need a bit more info to help with a search!! A address would be better! One can send the police out to do a well ness check on her!

OnlySunshine

We need a bit more info to help with a search!! A address would be better! One can send the police out to do a well ness check on her!

That might be an invasion of privacy.  I wouldn't want someone posting my address online for any reason.  Just my 2 cents.

That is a very good point.  No one should have their personal info put on line.   However, if any of us HAS better contact info, please use it to see if you can reach her / ascertain if she is OK.

Edited by AnneLine

By His Grace Alone

That might be an invasion of privacy.  I wouldn't want someone posting my address online for any reason.  Just my 2 cents.

It is not necessary to post her address on an open forum. However, if someone here has her address then they can contact the police in her area, explain the concern and then they can check to make sure she is okay.  People disappear more often then we like to think, and often it is because they met with foul play.  If no one reports it, then no one will look for them.  I find it disturbing that she was at an airport on her way, but never arrived and the Sisters who were expecting her, never heard from her.  She made plans to meet with another forum member, and then never called or showed up.  Something is seriously wrong here.  The three girls who were kidnapped (just recently in the news) and kept prisoner for ten years also just "disappeared".  In one of the girls case, it was assumed that she ran away, and no one ever looked for her.  So please...if someone here knows her address contact the authorities!

VeniJesuAmorMi

I find it disturbing that she was at an airport on her way, but never arrived and the Sisters who were expecting her, never heard from her.  She made plans to meet with another forum member, and then never called or showed up.  Something is seriously wrong here.

It doesn't sound good at all. Praying that she is well and safe.

VeniJesuAmorMi

Without her last name, its hard to find anything about her online. It shows on Phatmass however that her last sign in was June 6th and her last post was not too long before her last sign in time on June 6th. She just said, "Getting a little bored on the plane.  Hope this isn't too off topic but I am thrilled to find it. Enjoy!" This was under this thread: http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/129540-the-habit-of-poor-clare-colettines-before-vatican-ii/page-3#entry2593534 post #38. She posted elsewhere earlier on the same day that she was soon to be changing planes in Dallas; that was 12:26 pm (that was in her "Its Time" thread.)

But yes, hopefully someone will find out that all is well.

Edited by VeniJesuAmorMi

It sounds as if one (or more) of you have been in contact with her a little more extensively than just on the Phorum.  If that is indeed the case, did you perhaps exchange complete names/cities where you live?  I'm sure Rev. Mother also has her pertinent information.  I'm just surprised she didn't check more extensively into her not showing up at all when she was expected.  Does Allie live alone?  With her parents?  If she did go missing and was living at home you would think her family would have contacted the authorities by now.  I don't know her backstory, hence the hesitancy here.  Did she have to give Rev. Mother emergency contact info?  Any other phone numbers that might prove helpful?  

If you have a complete name and a town that would be a start.  You can find almost anyone on the Internet with that info.  Did she ever indicate any emotional issues?  Just grasping at straws.

Sister Marie

It sounds as if one (or more) of you have been in contact with her a little more extensively than just on the Phorum.  If that is indeed the case, did you perhaps exchange complete names/cities where you live?  I'm sure Rev. Mother also has her pertinent information.  I'm just surprised she didn't check more extensively into her not showing up at all when she was expected.  Does Allie live alone?  With her parents?  If she did go missing and was living at home you would think her family would have contacted the authorities by now.  I don't know her backstory, hence the hesitancy here.  Did she have to give Rev. Mother emergency contact info?  Any other phone numbers that might prove helpful?  

If you have a complete name and a town that would be a start.  You can find almost anyone on the Internet with that info.  Did she ever indicate any emotional issues?  Just grasping at straws.

I agree Francis Clare.  The community must know her last name and hometown or home parish.  I find it difficult to believe that they didn't check up after she did not arrive at the convent.  They may not want to give information over the internet but if they could just assure us that Allie is okay, we have no need of any other personal information about her and we are not trying to invade her privacy.  We don't need details, just to know she is alright.  

That might be an invasion of privacy. I wouldn't want someone posting my address online for any reason. Just my 2 cents.

I can think of a wide variety of reasons she might have "disappeared", not all of them dire. IIRC, when Dolores Hart left Hollywood, until she surfaced at Regina Laudis, no one knew where she'd gone excaept for one or two of her closest friends, and they had promised to keep the secret. Allie is, after all, an adult, and can do what she wants.

Maybe she eloped? Maybe she was stringing us all along and entered elsewhere, wanting a clean break with her former life entirely? It doesn't have to be some catastrophe, although it is a bit inconsiderate. She must know that we care.

I agree Francis Clare.  The community must know her last name and hometown or home parish.  I find it difficult to believe that they didn't check up after she did not arrive at the convent.  They may not want to give information over the internet but if they could just assure us that Allie is okay, we have no need of any other personal information about her and we are not trying to invade her privacy.  We don't need details, just to know she is alright.  

Mother Abbess does have her contact info, and the contact info of her family. She has tried to contact her family, but they have not responded. This is, I think, one reason why some of the sisters are suspicious.

I have two more ideas:

1) I know where she worked. (I don't have a home address.) I can contact them and ask about her, though it's a large company, so I kind of doubt they'll give me any info on her. (Most companies won't even confirm that someone works there unless you have a warrant.)

2) Can someone check plane routes to verify that there was indeed a plane from Washington/Oregon to Dallas at the day and hour that Allie said she was on it?

Did a reverse image search: http://www.biggerpockets.com/posts/user/ChenelleT

This is not the name she told me or Mother Abbess. Of course, this could be the other person in the picture. The last post on that forum was 2012.

This is also not the profession she told me she was in. I searched the employment records of the company she told me she worked for and she is not on them. (It's federal, so public. I'm still trying to call them anyway, though.)

I reached her employer. They have never heard of her.

Unless I misunderstood who her employer is, that pretty much settles it for me.

maximillion

So maybe we were being strung along......is that what the conclusion is?

I don't mind either way, just to know if it was real that she is ok.