An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where In The World Is Allie?

Gabriela

Do you think "Allie" was just a hoax from beginning to end?  If so, that's really sad and someone out there needs help badly .

domenica_therese

If that's the case, that's really unfortunate. It's the type of thing you hear about happening, but never expect to encounter. Regardless, it sounds like "Allie" needs prayers, and it looks like the Holy Spirit is the only one who can do anything about the situation at this point. I don't know what would lead a person to go to such lengths to formulate a hoax -- if it is one -- but any speculation on that front would miss the point that there still is someone out there behind the name in need of prayers, though we perhaps don't know exactly why.

So maybe we were being strung along......is that what the conclusion is?

That's my suspicion, but it's not conclusive. I don't have any info that absolutely proves it. The flight records could, conceivably, but I can't access flight histories without subscribing to a service, and even if I did, there are so many flights in and out of Dallas and Richmond that that info would likely also turn up inconclusive.

So... yeah. We're at an end here. I've written to Mother Abbess asking for one last bit of info. If she answers one way, the matter will be clear. If she answers the other, I could do a bit more research that might turn up either way. We shall see...

If that's the case, that's really unfortunate. It's the type of thing you hear about happening, but never expect to encounter. Regardless, it sounds like "Allie" needs prayers, and it looks like the Holy Spirit is the only one who can do anything about the situation at this point. I don't know what would lead a person to go to such lengths to formulate a hoax -- if it is one -- but any speculation on that front would miss the point that there still is someone out there behind the name in need of prayers, though we perhaps don't know exactly why.

Precisely.

Precisely.

I've been on forums where this is happened.  It's sad, but I figure the prayers are not going to go astray. 

MarysLittleFlower

This is really confusing.. I hope she's okay :(  praying for her in any case...

What I don't understand is if it was all a hoax, how come she would still apply to the monastery. It seems to me that if someone were to make a hoax, they wouldn't apply for real. Her posts also seem genuine somehow.

I guess this is one of those things - we just don't know what happened. I'm not going to assume anything... I hope that she's safe though. :(

Chiquitunga

curiousing, so you had actually talked to her on the phone right? and she gave you that info about where she worked? that is so strange... :unsure:

I was just thinking, she was going to order that Poor Clare Nun doll from Saintly Sisters so perhaps they could even be asked, but then from the thread you can't tell whether she ordered it or not, but she seems to have been in contact with them, http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/128453-nun-dolls/   just a thought, for a final check if she was sincere... how strange this is. especially your finding that picture under a different name, even though it could be the other person, but seems unlikely..

p.s. on her profile she says the other girl is Lydia .. ??

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/user/16186-allie/

Edited by Chiquitunga

domenica_therese

[..]  It's sad, but I figure the prayers are not going to go astray. 

Right! The Holy Spirit doesn't need an address! :)

OK, we don't know what is going on, so let's not jump to any conclusions.  I agree it all sounds very odd... but we don't know all the pieces.

It's not our place to go delving into her personal life, in my opinion.  And certainly not into a third party's personal stuff.

I'd say if anyone has any additional info, let Curiousing know.... or if anyone is in contact with Allie, ask her to contact Curiousing or one of the rest of us. 

I think we should pray for her; no matter what is going on, that is always an appropriate response.  

But you all may have a different opinion.

(Some people do work for real estate agencies very young... my dad was a realtor. ;) ) 

However, let's all just wait and be at peace.... and see if anything surfaces.   One step at a time... and all fueled by prayer. 

Curiousing, praying for you... this has to be really tough on you, too.....

Edited by AnneLine

I hate to think it was all a hoax, but I did know a guy who did that. He drifted away from our group, and later on we found out that for a while he was passing himself off as a seminarian, then as an ordered priest. He had bought the clerical clothing and was going to hear confessions on a youth retreat. Luckily, someone very close to the order heard about it and called the superior, who spoke to the retreat leaders.

I don't think the guy had nefarious motives, but I do think he was delusional or something.

I have no idea whatever became of him.

Chiquitunga

Did a reverse image search: http://www.biggerpockets.com/posts/user/ChenelleT

This is not the name she told me or Mother Abbess. Of course, this could be the other person in the picture. The last post on that forum was 2012.

Really quick, I just wanted to just add this thought to the public phorum here, that someone could have simply used that image (which is elsewhere online in higher definition, which curiousing already knows) as their phatmass profile picture, and it is not this young woman who is on phatmass.

Don't mean to talk more about private details about a person here, but just to get this thought out there so people do not automatically assume Allie is the young woman in that real estate forum there. 

Exactly.  Needless to say, I am not a Llama.  Well, at least not most of the time. 

Nor am I St. AnneLine.  Well, at least not most of the time, although I do occasionally put up a priest who is traveling in our guest room. 

But you get my point. 

We just don't know, we don't have enough info.  So let's pray, and let's let Curiousing do what she can to solve the mystery.