An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where In The World Is Allie?

Gabriela

Kayte Postle

Should I now admit that I'm not actually St Anselm, 12th Century Archbishop of Canterbury?

I knew it!

OnlySunshine

I think it's also best to stop the jumping to conclusions bit.  You don't have to sign in to Phatmass in order to read the threads.  We never know if Allie is reading posts without signing in.  ;)

maximillion

Well, if she is and she is not responding to our concerns in any way she needs even more prayer!!!!

BarbTherese

She might be devastated by something that happened somewhere and the last thing she wants is to sit at a computer.  Been there, done that.  Could be anything and whatever it is, she needs all the prayer we can give her, as we all do.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, please grant Allie is safe and sound and all is well.  Our Lady of The Way and of The Streets and St Joseph Patron of The Church, St Therese of Lisieux, please pray for her.  Lord, please hear our prayers.  Amen.

.,,,,,,,,,,,,,and now sleepy-smiley-face.gif Bon Soir all!

I hope it's clear that when I say "Allie" I'm in fact referring to the person behind that screen name, the name that was given to me and others but which I don't want to post publicly.

HisChildForever

I came to this thread due to a post I read in Open Mic.

Sounds like a weird soap opera.

So the thread she made about a co-worker's road rage...that never actually happened, since she was never employed? Weird.

ChristinaTherese

I came to this thread due to a post I read in Open Mic.

Sounds like a weird soap opera.

So the thread she made about a co-worker's road rage...that never actually happened, since she was never employed? Weird.

Well, I'm not sure that we can say that exactly. Because we don't know exactly what was going on. What we can say is that something very, very strange has happened. But who knows, she may well have been employed somewhere and had problems with a coworker's road rage. We can't really know. We can't even really know what was going on with her posts here and her communication with Barhamsville. It's all very fishy, but it's also very murky and hard to know any details when all known communication with her has been electronic.

Well, I'm not sure that we can say that exactly. Because we don't know exactly what was going on. What we can say is that something very, very strange has happened. But who knows, she may well have been employed somewhere and had problems with a coworker's road rage. We can't really know. We can't even really know what was going on with her posts here and her communication with Barhamsville. It's all very fishy, but it's also very murky and hard to know any details when all known communication with her has been electronic.

Precisely.

Genuine DID is so rare that this would be incredibly improbable. And even if she did have it, those around her could hardly fail to notice the sudden switches in personality even if she didn't register them herself, and they would have alerted her.

I would agree with this.

I think it's a very sweet testament to how close Phatmass members can be that you've all shown this level of concern, but also perhaps lets try and stay grounded. Whatever the case is, all we can really do is pray for her. 

Quite; let's not get carried away, for example by diagnosing psychiatric disorders in people we've never met...

BarbTherese

Quite; let's not get carried away, for example by diagnosing psychiatric disorders in people we've never met...

.................. well said

Human nature is difficult to rein in at times! I also want to add, regardless of this person's personal situation... Members on here support one a other...and it does not feel good, IF this person has indeed duped people on HERE!! When she was "Allie"... I enjoyed her posts and support of others including me, when I was experiencing grief over the loss of my cat! So yeah... It is abit shocking to have something like this occur and it's natural to wonder what the heck is going on!!

BarbTherese

Human nature is difficult to rein in at times! I also want to add, regardless of this person's personal situation... Members on here support one a other...and it does not feel good, IF this person has indeed duped people on HERE!! When she was "Allie"... I enjoyed her posts and support of others including me, when I was experiencing grief over the loss of my cat! So yeah... It is abit shocking to have something like this occur and it's natural to wonder what the heck is going on!!

.........and why I think it is a police matter. We don't know if Allie is real or not.  If she is indeed real and open about all she has stated, where is she?  We can speculate on this board ad infinitum and still not have speculated even close to what has really happened, or we might just happen upon the real situation.  We don't know!  Is the situation just pure hoax or has Allie disappeared and it well might be that she has and has sound reasons?  We don't know.

The police have ways and means, including computer geniuses, and it would not be as if they were being contacted over absolutely nothing.  Our concern is genuine.

Of course curiousing and this Mother Superior may know more than they are able to share.  This is a possibility, but it leaves the rest of us - and we are also involved - right out in the dark.  Curiousing can certainly state that it is a complete hoax if he or she knows this to be a fact and this will allay our concerns one would hope.  To my way of thought, Charity asks this.

I am almost completely in the dark as to the situation around Allie realizing, as I do, that he/she (whatever! this is the internet after all!!!)is indeed a real person whether she was being honest or not.  Obviously someone is Allie - either completely above board or carrying out some hoax.

It seems to be up to curiousing and the mother superior to act over and above anything discussed on this site.  They can reassure as as to what has happened or choose to contact the police themselves dependant on the information to which they have access.  I certainly can't tell anyone at all what to do as an instruction.  It is not my place -  and being in the dark as to their communication exchanges. I can only think of what I would probably do were I them knowing the little I do know.

I know jolly little about discussion sites, is there anything that dUSt can do - he is the Administrator of Phatmass. 

Barb :)

Edited by BarbaraTherese