An Old School Catholic Message Board

"as Of Today, Your Vocation Is Set!"

DameAgnes

littlesister

Thank you! This ranks with the most touching glimpses that we've seen of "Papa Francisco." May many other youngsters find this same seed planted and nurture it to frution!

littlesister

Thank you! This ranks with the most touching glimpses that we've seen of "Papa Francisco." May many other youngsters find this same seed planted and nurture it to frution!

littlesister

littlesister

Thank you! This ranks with the most touching glimpses we've had of the heart of "Papa Francisco." May many other youngsters find the same desire planted in them and nurture it to fruition!

ChristinaTherese

Yes, lovely.

That video makes me cry. Papa Francesco is so precious!

tumblr_mqr98aXenB1qcrxkio1_250.gif

And I can't help but notice... is he also a biohazard? Look at that window.... (You know, Aslan isn't a tame lion, Aslan=Jesus, the Church is Jesus' body, the pope is the head of the Church on earth, therefore the pope isn't tame, therefore he's a biohazard? (I don't know if that makes any sense, I just came up with it for fun.) Oh, and love isn't tame, "love is as strong as death" (approximate quote from Song of Songs), he's making a heart with his hands, so that isn't safe either and it might be a biohazard.)

BarbTherese

Beautiful!  I had tears in my eyes and then watched the video.  I became conscious of the background music and thought I know that one.  It was played at by beloved brother's funeral (Simon and Garfunkel "Bridge over troubled waters") then I was really blubbering, in touch with my grief once again.  Bob and I were very close.  He died suddenly in a car accident just over 30 years ago on 10th Jan. 1982 - my son's 16th birthday.

I loved the image of Pope Francis on the plane giving the heart sign, meaning "Love!"

What a Pope we have and then I started to blubber even more in gratitude to The Lord for watching over us so tenderly just like a "bridge over troubled waters" (All inspiration comes from God).  Not long before he retired, Pope Benedict said that we have nothing whatsoever to fear but the sins IN The Church, (which is the worst persecution of The Church that could ever exist - my brackets)http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1104798.htm

And here we have a Pope and Holy Father (gifted by God to lead and guide, inspire, us)who is not putting any determined authoritarian (and He has the Divine Authority to do so if so called by The Lord to do so) accent on doctrine and dogma, but on getting in touch with our Graced hearts again, our spirituality - with Jesus therefore, with prayer, with the Heart of Jesus Himself beating as one with our own. If we can get in touch with our hearts in Grace and thus the living tabernacle of The Blessed Trinity, as our bodies are the temple - we will come to fully realize with much humility, Praise and Gratitude, Peace and Joy, just how important and vital to The Church and our spirituality, or our hearts in His, the Teaching Authority of The Church and our doctrine and dogma are.

Otherwise, it is like expecting a plant to flourish and grow having cut off all it's roots and never giving it water.

Dear Lord, please gift to us holy priests, religious and leadership - and please grant us also outstandingly holy vocations to all lifestyles or vocations, calls, in The Church.  Our Lady of The Way and of The Streets, St Joseph Patron of The Church, Little St Therese -please pray for us.

Amen.

.........off me pulpit.................till next time..............of course.............