An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fun Explaining 'vocation' With Emoticons Only

God's Beloved

AccountDeleted

I discerned out because I met a pretty girl and didn't know how to handle it. I just posted that because I'm annoyed by these threads and decided to make fun of it.

True story.

I think you might be growing up! That was some admission there. :)

I think you might be growing up! That was some admission there. :)

I like what you are saying, though I hate to crumble your opinion by having to ask what you mean by "admission". :P

AccountDeleted

I like what you are saying, though I hate to crumble your opinion by having to ask what you mean by "admission". :P

ad·mis·sion  (abreve.gifd-mibreve.gifshprime.gifschwa.gifn)

n.
a. The act of admitting or allowing to enter.
b. The state of being allowed to enter.
2. Right to enter; access.
3. The price required or paid for entering; an entrance fee.
4. A confession, as of having committed a crime.
5. A voluntary acknowledgment of truth.
6. A fact or statement granted or admitted; a concession.

In this case, I was using number 5 - a voluntary acknowledgment of truth.

Sometimes it isn't easy to acknowledge the truth of an action - and when one does, it can demonstrate maturity. I was complimenting you.

ad·mis·sion (abreve.gifd-mibreve.gifshprime.gifschwa.gifn)
n.
a. The act of admitting or allowing to enter.
b. The state of being allowed to enter.
2. Right to enter; access.
3. The price required or paid for entering; an entrance fee.
4. A confession, as of having committed a crime.
5. A voluntary acknowledgment of truth.
6. A fact or statement granted or admitted; a concession.

In this case, I was using number 5 - a voluntary acknowledgment of truth.

Sometimes it isn't easy to acknowledge the truth of an action - and when one does, it can demonstrate maturity. I was complimenting you.

Well then! Jolly good news. Though I must admit I don't have trouble opening up and saying personal things, especially if I personally find them quite funny. :P I was so into my whole discernment after two years that the moment I liked a girl I decided I wasn't called to the Priesthood. How can that not make you smile? :P

AccountDeleted

Well then! Jolly good news. Though I must admit I don't have trouble opening up and saying personal things, especially if I personally find them quite funny. :P I was so into my whole discernment after two years that the moment I liked a girl I decided I wasn't called to the Priesthood. How can that not make you smile? :P

You may be compulsively self-disclosing (I used to be myself) but when you first posted on phatmass, you were also very defensive and dogmatic in your statements. You have mellowed out in our warm and loving environment and are becoming quite a mature young man. :)

You may be compulsively self-disclosing (I used to be myself) but when you first posted on phatmass, you were also very defensive and dogmatic in your statements. You have mellowed out in our warm and loving environment and are becoming quite a mature young man. :)

Thanks! But you seriously need to stop using terms I have to Google. :P

And there's nothing wrong with being Dogmatic, so long as you are the Pope. :P And if I'm a Priest one day, who's to say I won't be? That would actually be bad, because I would choose the name Hiliarius because it's so funny. :P

AccountDeleted

Thanks! But you seriously need to stop using terms I have to Google. :P

And there's nothing wrong with being Dogmatic, so long as you are the Pope. :P And if I'm a Priest one day, who's to say I won't be? That would actually be bad, because I would choose the name Hiliarius because it's so funny. :P

:hijack:

We seem to have hijacked this thread! :shock:

As you get older, you will have to rely less on Google to understand the big words! :)

And if you think the secret to being a good priest is to be dogmatic - then maybe you haven't matured as much as I thought you had. :P

:hijack:

We seem to have hijacked this thread! :shock:

As you get older, you will have to rely less on Google to understand the big words! :)

And if you think the secret to being a good priest is to be dogmatic - then maybe you haven't matured as much as I thought you had. :P

Hijacking is fun. Though I do wish there were more responses to my first post. :P

And I wasn't saying that. I was saying being dogmatic is fine if you are the Pope, and if I'm a Priest one day I might also become Pope, in which case I could be dogmatic. :P

AccountDeleted

Hijacking is fun. Though I do wish there were more responses to my first post. :P

And I wasn't saying that. I was saying being dogmatic is fine if you are the Pope, and if I'm a Priest one day I might also become Pope, in which case I could be dogmatic. :P

You won't become Pope - you want it too much! :lol3:

Back to this thread...

:nun: :love:

You won't become Pope - you want it too much! :lol3:

Back to this thread...

:nun: :love:

Of course! Back to the thread...

best-devil-smiley-emoticon.gif      satan-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif