An Old School Catholic Message Board

Second Retreat (dc's Updates)

DiscerningCatholic

haha... impatience brings back memories for me of when I was waiting for my acceptance.... I cried at my mailbox everyday when I didn't have a letter and then when I did have a letter and I was accepted!  I still have my letter!

Well... there is a lot of impatience to be had for most people wherever they are in the application stage.  :)  Enjoy some of the fun of it even though its difficult as well.

Make an appointment with the confessor that you like and explain the situation.  One girl who was in your situation said the confessor just talked with her for awhile and asked her to come back the following week so he could get to know her better and he would write the letter then.  I think with the priest shortage, these things are not surprising.

VeniJesuAmorMi

I hope everything you have to get done will go smoothly. When or if obstacles come around then its especially good to remember that everything comes together when its His Will, and it will be in His time. Then I remember that when obstacles may come in the way that it doesn't mean that this or that isn't what He wants, but that I need to be praying for faithfulness and perseverance in what I know to be true in my heart and to be attentive to His workings of grace making everything come into place. I just love to see and contemplate His grace working in myself and others. At this point for me I look back the last year especially and I see things that have changed and how everything is coming together and I pray that you'll be seeing these things in your discernment! :) Its nice to mention to that when we do go through trials and the waiting faithfully, then when we do get to where we need to be when the time comes we are even more thankful and fervent in His service. You know all this already but its nice to think about these things again and again. Prayers! :)

DiscerningCatholic

Make an appointment with the confessor that you like and explain the situation.  One girl who was in your situation said the confessor just talked with her for awhile and asked her to come back the following week so he could get to know her better and he would write the letter then.  I think with the priest shortage, these things are not surprising.

The parish secretary wrote mine and had Fr. B. sign it. Fr. B. knows my parents but not me, so he at least knew that my parents aren't some schism-causing heretical hippies. :| I think what I have will be fine! 

The parish secretary wrote mine and had Fr. B. sign it. Fr. B. knows my parents but not me, so he at least knew that my parents aren't some schism-causing heretical hippies. :| I think what I have will be fine!

I might have missed this elsewhere, but how are your parents with all this convent preparation? And wider family/friends? :) Edited by marigold

DiscerningCatholic

Oh, they're great! My mom took a little while to warm up to it, I think, but my dad told me this story

The Sunday after we adopted you, we went to a little church for Mass in Hong Kong. I was holding you with my arm across your chest and my other arm supporting you so you could sit up and face out. I turned around and saw a statue of St. Joseph holding Jesus the exact same way and at that moment, I consecrated you to Jesus. 

So yeah. I don't think anyone was surprised by my discernment except for me. :|

Oh, they're great! My mom took a little while to warm up to it, I think, but my dad told me this story

So yeah. I don't think anyone was surprised by my discernment except for me. :|

Oh good! What a lovely story!

DiscerningCatholic

I've been painting little peg nuns...(The SSEW looks bald, but she's not. LOL White paint doesn't really show up on skin-tone paint.)

tumblr_mxlh3sGm9M1qiu3jko1_500.jpg