An Old School Catholic Message Board

Second Retreat (dc's Updates)

DiscerningCatholic

College is fun! It is coming up on a year since I graduated and it is so weird to not be in school (also being between jobs is rough...).
I hope you find a good faith community

IgnatiusofLoyola

I'm at college (been here three weeks) and I am so happy. I just love the people here so much. 

I was thinking about you recently, hoping you were doing well. I am SO glad to hear that you are happy and love the people at your college.

You've been through a lot and have had to put a lot of trust in God, not to mention exercising an enormous amount of patience and faith. Being told we have to wait is VERY hard. (Yes, Mary was very good at it--but speaking only for myself, I don't have the patience of Job, much less Mary!)

Whatever you have decided about posting regularly, please check in when you have time, because there are many of us thinking about you and praying for you!

• 2 weeks later...
DiscerningCatholic

DUDE SO COLLEGE IS GREAT. I'm at a Catholic college. It's Catholic. CATHOLIC. Not nominally Catholic. 9:30 PM Mass is usually overflowing. I am currently a double major in music and theology but I plan to drop music after this semester. It's still kind of a blur; I'm super busy. 9 classes, 15 credit hours (down from 11 classes with 20 credit hours). :blink:

brandelynmarie

:wave: hi DC. Glad to hear you are in a place that embraces the Faith...that is such a blessing :blush: You must be learning so much about It...even above & beyond your classes!

• 3 weeks later...
LittleWaySoul

DUDE SO COLLEGE IS GREAT. I'm at a Catholic college. It's Catholic. CATHOLIC. Not nominally Catholic. 9:30 PM Mass is usually overflowing. I am currently a double major in music and theology but I plan to drop music after this semester. It's still kind of a blur; I'm super busy. 9 classes, 15 credit hours (down from 11 classes with 20 credit hours). :blink:

:shocking:

WUT.

HOW THE HECK DOES THAT CREDIT-TO-CLASS RATIO WORK???

6 classes here at Franciscan is already (typically) 18 credits, and that's a full load! When you take 7 classes, people really start to look at you like you're crazy (I've only ever met two people who have, and I have overachiever friends).

ELEVEN FLIPPING CLASSES?! HOW DID YOU HAVE TIME TO BREATHE?!?!?!?!!   :eek:

then, DOWN to NINE CLASSES?! 

I am so confused about how your school does this thing. Wut.

DiscerningCatholic

HAHA! I have a lot of one-credit classes, many of which don't really have homework other than practice (I have a TON of music classes). I only have one three-credit class.