• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DiscerningCatholic

• TheresaThoma

• SilentJoy

• marigold

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, all! I know I haven't been on PM in...well, FOREVER. I haven't fallen off the face of the planet, I promise. I'm also not in the convent.    I am, however, preparing for my second DSMME retreat

So this is the post where I tell you that I got application papers and am a candidate.   I got application papers and am a candidate.     (P.S. I didn't eat any of the cookies... :| I'm awkward

Working on applying to Benedictine! :) There are a few things that might get in my way, but my dad was so impressed with their theology department that despite the fact that it's out of state and a pr

I'm at college (been here three weeks) and I am so happy. I just love the people here so much. 

I was thinking about you recently, hoping you were doing well. I am SO glad to hear that you are happy and love the people at your college.

You've been through a lot and have had to put a lot of trust in God, not to mention exercising an enormous amount of patience and faith. Being told we have to wait is VERY hard. (Yes, Mary was very good at it--but speaking only for myself, I don't have the patience of Job, much less Mary!)

Whatever you have decided about posting regularly, please check in when you have time, because there are many of us thinking about you and praying for you!

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DUDE SO COLLEGE IS GREAT. I'm at a Catholic college. It's Catholic. CATHOLIC. Not nominally Catholic. 9:30 PM Mass is usually overflowing. I am currently a double major in music and theology but I plan to drop music after this semester. It's still kind of a blur; I'm super busy. 9 classes, 15 credit hours (down from 11 classes with 20 credit hours). :blink:

:shocking:

WUT.

HOW THE HECK DOES THAT CREDIT-TO-CLASS RATIO WORK???

6 classes here at Franciscan is already (typically) 18 credits, and that's a full load! When you take 7 classes, people really start to look at you like you're crazy (I've only ever met two people who have, and I have overachiever friends).

ELEVEN FLIPPING CLASSES?! HOW DID YOU HAVE TIME TO BREATHE?!?!?!?!!   :eek:

then, DOWN to NINE CLASSES?! 

I am so confused about how your school does this thing. Wut.