An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vsers - Virtues To Practice And Contintents To Pray For During 2014

AnneLine

Hi, VSers....

This is a repeat of a thread I just posted in Open Mic.  Last year when I just did this in openmic, many VSers didn't know about it... so I am double posting it here.  You ONLY need to reply in one of the threads if you are interested!

--------------- snip! ----------------- (reposted from open mic) --------------------------------------------------------

Each year LilRed offers the chance to have her pick patron saints for us for the coming year.  I believe she intends to do this for Advent again this year! 

Last year I offered a similar offer... but not for patron saints.  I offer Virtues and Continents!!!

Many people find it helpful to add a virtue to practice and a continent to pray for during the coming year.  It's the custom in many religious communities, but I think it is a good thing for our Pham to do as well!   St. Therese's community did this --  she prayed especially for North America the last year of her life.

Last year I set up a bowl with the continents listed on slips of paper, and some nice virtues to foster for the coming year in a second bowl.   I'm looking forward to pulling these again this year.

Last year, for example, I received Peacefulness and the Continent of AsiaI have found fostering peacefulness has been a wonderful goal during 2013, and I don't look at news stories from and about Asia and the Middle East without praying for them....

I am going to start pulling and posting them on Sunday evening, November 17,  and I will continue to have them available throughout the end of December 2013.

If you want me to choose a continent and/or virtue for you, please let me know by replying to this post. Let me know if you want one or both....

Thank you!  Pray for me, and I pray for all of you!

catholic-virtues-in-action-graphic.jpg

quest4seven.gif?w=906&h=474

DiscerningCatholic

I'd like one!

I'm still recovering from LilRed's "Saint of the year" thing...still haven't figured out how St. Mattias fits in with my life.

I'm really reluctant to draw a new random patron saint. I drew Bl. John Paul 2 and I have really enjoyed having him. Maybe I'll get him again. I just never know... ;)

I am the one to talk to about the virtues and continents.   I'm happy to pull one of each of those for all of you (unless you tell me otherwise). :)

Mater and DC, I can't help you with old or new saints -- you need to check with LilRed in Aisle 5.  She does that department.  She has told me she will be posting her Saints thread before Advent.  However, I don't think you have a 2 year license for the saints... you get a new one or s/he expires.... :(  But I bet Bl/soo-to-be-saint John Paul II won't abandon you!!!!!   You'll just make a new friend!

I am the one to talk to about the virtues and continents. I'm happy to pull one of each of those for all of you (unless you tell me otherwise). :)

Mater and DC, I can't help you with old or new saints -- you need to check with LilRed in Aisle 5. She does that department. She has told me she will be posting her Saints thread before Advent. However, I don't think you have a 2 year license for the saints... you get a new one or s/he expires.... :( But I bet Bl/soo-to-be-saint John Paul II won't abandon you!!!!! You'll just make a new friend!

I always draw my own because I've ended up with some really obscure saints from lil red's drawing. I still have my bowl from last year. I'll use it again. I drew ones for my mom and dad. My mom got Bl Margaret of Castello and my dad got St. Dominic Savio. My mom loved hers.

:doh: This is in here, too?  :pinch:

If it's possible to remember, please post my virtue in here rather than the Open Mic. If not, no big deal. Don't want to make it a hassle!

Thank you, AnneLine!

Curiousing, I'll do it if I remember... and hopefully I will!

The main reason I 'copied' it in here is last year so many VSers didn't find out about it for months because some of the VSers don't venture out of here very often  ;)

There are a lot of good things in that Open Mic thread.... you don't have to participate, just read it sometimes! 

For example, LilRed has posted her 'select a saint for 2014' offer on open mic today...

And there is a big prayer request and updates about the health of The171 hiding under a file called 'The Percoset Files'.

Please post one place or the other, and I'll check both places so no one gets left out!

Blessings to all!