• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AnneLine

• ChristinaTherese

• Gabriela

• maximillion

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess we will all be working on the virtue of patience until then!

ROTFL !   Max!   And for all of you....Your patience has been rewarded!     I pulled a virtue and continent for The171.... and when I told my houseguest, T, what was going on (because she pulled t

Did I muck it up and get you twice?   Oops!   That is really funny, but you enjoy your OpenMic Virtues.     My friend was sitting here, muttering, 'tell them "I" Didn't do it - it was the Holy Sp

I was thinking about St. Therese of Lisieux...who had the heart of a missionary (praying for souls) while practicing great virtue in Carmel (doing small, ordinary things in an extraordinary way--with great love!).  Sometimes we get "comfy" with the confines of our

own lives...and remembering a continent in our prayers (while working at developing virtue!) are wonderful ways to enlarge our souls.

The custom is lovely!

I was thinking about St. Therese of Lisieux...who had the heart of a missionary (praying for souls) while practicing great virtue in Carmel (doing small, ordinary things in an extraordinary way--with great love!).  Sometimes we get "comfy" with the confines of our

own lives...and remembering a continent in our prayers (while working at developing virtue!) are wonderful ways to enlarge our souls.

The custom is lovely!

Ahhh... thank you, yes that makes sense!  And a nice commentary on the value of expanding our 'world view' in a prayerful way. 

I remember being on a Young Adult retreat many years ago, and one of the suggestions was that each week we spend at least one prayer period doing 'lectio divina' over the local newspaper.  At first I was horrified... and then I realized that it was intended exactly the same way... to be an impetus to PRAY for all the things in that newspaper... not reading for knowledge, reading for prayerfulness....

And I try to look at news websites each day just before Evening Prayer for exactly that purpose to this day....

Would you pull one for me?   :)

One of each, that is.

I presume that, like shoes, these come in pairs (a virtue AND a continent) unless someone requests ONLY a right or left shoe/virtue or continent... ;)

Crucesignata:

VIRTUE: Modesty AND Courage (Twins!)

CONTINENT: Europe

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...